autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What’s your thoughts on sponge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's great that you've gotten into RW Deyon and with how you keep up on your cars I'm sure WW is in your futureThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Still looks good, I just watched a comparison of the N against the new Civic Type R. Their view was the Type R was slightly better, but if it's going to be your daily driver, at 10k less but with more kit, take the N, it's far better value.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Yeah I watched that too, Everyday Driver. Going into watching the video I knew they'd chose the Type R, it's a legacy car but that said surely a great driver car too, ofcoarse.

Now I hate to be value guy because Hyundai/KIA/Genesis have great products that stand on their own and yes, you get alot for the money and now that that's out of the way...TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE for the Type R and that msrp vs. msrp. The only people getting a Type R @msrp are successful YouTubers (SavageGeese for instance). In the real world right now that car is closer to $50-$60K or $5-15K over sticker.

They mentioned that the N is the car is for when you need 1 car, well the majority of people buying these types of cars it IS their only car. Not alot of people are buying a Type R for "track use only". Surely those Honda fans with say an NSX or other collectable Hondas would have this Type R as well, I completely get that.

In closing, taking a % of that $10K msrp difference and putting it into an ECU upgrade, turbo inlet and intake would completely take out that Type R, well along with some slightly wider tires/wheels to help things alongThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

4. Likes DFB, Big Dave, dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah I watched that too, Everyday Driver. Going into watching the video I knew they'd chose the Type R, it's a legacy car but that said surely a great driver car too, ofcoarse.

Now I hate to be value guy because Hyundai/KIA/Genesis have great products that stand on their own and yes, you get alot for the money and now that that's out of the way...TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE for the Type R and that msrp vs. msrp. The only people getting a Type R @msrp are successful YouTubers (SavageGeese for instance). In the real world right now that car is closer to $50-$60K or $5-15K over sticker.

They mentioned that the N is the car is for when you need 1 car, well the majority of people buying these types of cars it IS their only car. Not alot of people are buying a Type R for "track use only". Surely those Honda fans with say an NSX or other collectable Hondas would have this Type R as well, I completely get that.

In closing, taking a % of that $10K msrp difference and putting it into an ECU upgrade, turbo inlet and intake would completely take out that Type R, well along with some slightly wider tires/wheels to help things alongThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

In the end, you like what you like. And I prefer the look of the N, and it's interior. But if I was buying one of them, I'd have to sit in one to decide. I have been to a couple of Hyundai dealers, but neither had an Elantra N I could sit in. They're considered country dealers so find it hard to get the good stuff at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

In the end, you like what you like. And I prefer the look of the N, and it's interior. But if I was buying one of them, I'd have to sit in one to decide. I have been to a couple of Hyundai dealers, but neither had an Elantra N I could sit in. They're considered country dealers so find it hard to get the good stuff at the moment.

Oh yeah for sure but to be honest the price of the N was my max, so the Type R wouldn't have been an option, even if it were available when I bought my EN AND if it were @msrp.

I'm 100% respectful of this new Type R as well as the GR4 Corolla, I'm sure we'll meet up in "Mexico" come spring and we'll see what's whatThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Hopefully my drag coefficient gives me the edge, come on Gyeon Pure EVO, keep me aheadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Although a smallish mod, the enlarged turbo inlet gives 7 whp, forgot how much torque, probably 10 ft/lbs, is going to be my first perf mod, along with a KDM Hyundai N PERFORMANCE intake. I've also got 3 bushings to get swapped out to help with wheel hop. A guy w/ a car like mine did the lower mount and cut .4 off his 0-60 mph per the in-car device, so that will also help out. Maybe next year I do an ECU tune which would give me 50+ whp/50 wtq, closer to 60/60 w/ that turbo inlet actually. I'd like to drive an EN w/ a tune because I wanna see how and/or IF the car handles it, don't want the car to be compromised just to be faster from a 60 mph roll race in MexicoThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

7. Likes dgage, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From late morning yesterday, a break and then starting up later in the evening and into the night, atleast 6" of snow. Then starting tomorrow and until Wednesday, highs of 10-12/-6, thaw coming next weekend The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

How many days till spring againThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

9. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ryan

11. Likes Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rainy day parked at work, and a couple of bonus shots. These 2 Nissan Patrols are what a couple of our apprentice mechanics drive. The wagon is an early 90s 4.2l inline 6 petrol, rarely gets washed. The red ute is an early 2000s 4.2 inline 6 turbo diesel, this one gets washed a bit more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Rainy day parked at work, and a couple of bonus shots. These 2 Nissan Patrols are what a couple of our apprentice mechanics drive. The wagon is an early 90s 4.2l inline 6 petrol, rarely gets washed. The red ute is an early 2000s 4.2 inline 6 turbo diesel, this one gets washed a bit more often.

Funny how things have changed over the last ten years. Once upon a time, a young guy would get his license and go and buy a Falcon or Commodore and proceed to slam the thing into the weeds with lowering springs and low-profile tires. These days, it seems they go in the opposite direction with cars like you posted, fitted with lift kits and massive tires.

14. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really diggin that early 90’s wagon.

16. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Really diggin that early 90’s wagon.

It was available as a short wheelbase as well. Much harder to find now. I test drove one back when I was in my early 20s, I loved it, but I couldn't afford it.

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 878 of 966 FirstFirst ... 378778828868869870871872873874875876877878879880881882883884885886887888928 ... LastLast