autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    To change things around a bit, make it more unique, easier to clean and smooth things out. I ordered the i30 badge from S. Korea for my Elantra and will debadge the ELANTRA lettering. I like symmetry and what you see here is a badge to the L and one to the R, plus people will say "...an i30, what's that"The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

The badge has a dotted "i" but it's one piece and you can see the connection. My cure for this is a very small strip of satin black vinyl and I'm going to have the dot finished in red, this way it mimics the N badge on the other side.

Thoughts The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Sounds good and like the idea of “EDM” badge. Good idea on the red but what about mechanically separating the dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

To change things around a bit, make it more unique, easier to clean and smooth things out. I ordered the i30 badge from S. Korea for my Elantra and will debadge the ELANTRA lettering. I like symmetry and what you see here is a badge to the L and one to the R, plus people will say "...an i30, what's that"The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

The badge has a dotted "i" but it's one piece and you can see the connection. My cure for this is a very small strip of satin black vinyl and I'm going to have the dot finished in red, this way it mimics the N badge on the other side.

Thoughts The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

not really a fan of badges other than the brand logo, i like the clean look. if it were my ride, i would keep the H and N badge and everything else would go...

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Sounds good and like the idea of “EDM” badge. Good idea on the red but what about mechanically separating the dot?

I like your thinking there Crack but thr very small amount of black, satin vinyl does 2 things, seperates the dot from the letter, to the eye anyways and lastly ties in the black and red in the flag behind the N logoThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your thinking there Crack but thr very small amount of black, satin vinyl does 2 things, seperates the dot from the letter, to the eye anyways and lastly ties in the black and red in the flag behind the N logoThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

This is how the Swedish EU version looks like. I think it's a cool thing to have the i30 batch The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Skickat frĺn min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Agreed with Mr Crack. That bike looks phenomenal, let alone for that mileage. Have you owned it since new?
    Yup, bought it new in Vegas on May 7th '99. I live in the Mojave Desert so it's seen rain maybe 5 or 6 times at most. It's probably only had a couple of soap/water washers in all that time too. There was a fairly craptacular wreck at 5pm on Sunday June 12th 2005 that shut down the 5 freeway for a while & resulted in a new fairing & ducktail. Few other minor parts (on the left side): Clutch lever, ignitor cover, bar end weight, foot peg & a turn signal... plus some internal plastic parts for the speedo/tach housing. Got rear=ended by some idiot crossing 6 lanes of traffic to take the 210 connector at 90mph, I was in the 5th lane.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Yup, bought it new in Vegas on May 7th '99. I live in the Mojave Desert so it's seen rain maybe 5 or 6 times at most. It's probably only had a couple of soap/water washers in all that time too. There was a fairly craptacular wreck at 5pm on Sunday June 12th 2005 that shut down the 5 freeway for a while & resulted in a new fairing & ducktail. Few other minor parts (on the left side): Clutch lever, ignitor cover, bar end weight, foot peg & a turn signal... plus some internal plastic parts for the speedo/tach housing. Got rear=ended by some idiot crossing 6 lanes of traffic to take the 210 connector at 90mph, I was in the 5th lane.
    Wow. Those sound like scary wrecks.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Wow. Those sound like scary wrecks.
    I've had better days...
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Little cruising at 2am.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

14. Likes Big Dave, DFB, SNP209, CleanIT, DETAILROOKIE and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple more interesting vehicles at work this week. A very short Land Rover Pick Up. Mechanically excellent, but the owner loves the external patina.

The other is an overlanding work truck, with a rooftop tent on top, so if you're working in the outback, you don't have to sleep on the ground with the snakes and spiders. Looks they've used a fair amount of tyre shine.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Page 829 of 966 FirstFirst ... 329729779819820821822823824825826827828829830831832833834835836837838839879929 ... LastLast