autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Looks awesome! Which shop did the work?
    Motor City Auto Spa
    www.forzablitz.com
    twitter: forzablitz

2. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yello430 View Post
    Sorry, but I am NOT a fan of black wheels. I could go on and on about all the reasons, but I'll spare everyone.
    No...pleaseThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Everything on these modern cars are black wheels, GLOSS black inparticular. Some wheel styles in Gloss black doesn't matter too much because the rims are Zzzzzz, but on a nice set of rims, the gloss black "washes away" the look unless your right ontop of them. Imagine if you will GLOSS black M3 comp wheels....yeah, I can't eitherThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Now on some cars though, satin black is a compromise I could make but for me it depends on the rim. At cars and coffee today there was a 991 GT3 there, yellow with satin black wheels. It tied in with the stripe, rear scoops and trim on the wing, looked fine. Fuchs in satin black look nice and you've got the satin polished lip to balance it out.

I had an 87' GN from 1995-2000 and my first set of rims were American Racing Gloss black "BBS style" mesh wheels. All those little diamonds had to be cleaned...all the time and were replaced by polished Torque Thrusts...much better, even though the ARE wheels being black and polished tied into my cars theme.

Finally this doesn't apply to us here as much but let's be honest, do you E V E R see those Gloss black wheels clean...EVERThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Even worse is when someone "tries" to clean them or they took the car through the carwash and they come out half cleaned at best, like a HUGE arrow pointing at them saying "yeah, they looked great on the showroom floor...now look at them!"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks yello430 thanked for this post
    Likes yello430 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    No...pleaseThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Everything on these .modern cars are black wheels, GLOSS black inparticular. Some wheel styles in Gloss black doesn't matter too much because the rims are Zzzzzz, but on a nice set of rims, the gloss black "washes away" the look unless your right ontop of them. Imagine if you will GLOSS black M3 comp wheels....yeah, I can't eitherThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Now on some cars though, satin black is a compromise I could make but for me it depends on the rim. At cars and coffee today there was a 991 GT3 there, yellow with satin black wheels. It tied in with the stripe, rear scoops and trim on the wing, looked fine. Fuchs in satin black look nice and you've got the satin polished lip to balance it out.

I had an 87' GN from 1995-2000 and my first set of rims were American Racing Gloss black "BBS style" mesh wheels. All those little diamonds had to be cleaned...all the time and were replaced by polished Torque Thrusts...much better, even though the ARE wheels being black and polished tied into my cars theme.

Finally this doesn't apply to us here as much but let's be honest, do you E V E R see those Gloss black wheels clean...EVERThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Even worse is when someone "tries" to clean them or they took the car through the carwash and they come out half cleaned at best, like a HUGE arrow pointing at them saying "yeah, they looked great on the showroom floor...now look at them!"

And when the wheels are black, they just fade into the tire with 0 delineation. Why bother with the larger wheels then. But whatever, if someone likes them, so be it.
    www.forzablitz.com
    twitter: forzablitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yello430 View Post
    And when the wheels are black, they just fade into the tire with 0 delineation. Why bother with the larger wheels then. But whatever, if someone likes them, so be it.
    Well said The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Pics from C&C this morning, not everything but apparently the Lotus owners showed up! Love the color combo on the Evora and it sounded incredible too! The Chrome Orange Elise is owned by a girl who tracks it as well as picks up groceries in it from time to time,.seriously, she was talking about that this morningThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Although not my favorite color for a 991, it's still a GT3The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I'm sure the holiday played into a smaller turnout and there's another show at a huge mall about 20 minutes away that I decided to skip because of the crowd that goes there, it will end up being shut down, guaranteedThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

8. Likes yello430, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars and coffee. Enormous brakes on a Taycan.

10. Likes Texchappy, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Chrome...on a FerrariThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Gunmetal would be nice but a medium bronze would've been my choiceThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

You’ll see alot more Ferrari’s with chrome or polished aluminum than colored wheels.

Lol my thoughts were A bronze would look nice on that car but not.... “on a Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 662 of 967 FirstFirst ... 162562612652653654655656657658659660661662663664665666667668669670671672712762 ... LastLast