autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Subaru’s are definitely fun in snow. Why did you get rid of it? The only WRX I’ve driven was an early release 2004 STi back in 2003. Not exactly refined but it was a riot to drive. I’ve kicked around the idea of a new one a few times.

The tough part of winter for me is when it gets under 20°f and the lack of sunshine. I’m in SE Michigan and it seems like we go weeks on end of nothing but gray skies. Probably the same for you. Btw, February of 2015 I saw temps of -30°. That sucked.

The brine that is sprayed on the road irritates me. That stuff is hell on metal. I did clean under my Jeep a month back and sprayed Amsoil Metal Protect HD on the frame, differentials, etc.

Even though I have fun cruising untouched roads after a snowstorm, I pray that snowfall is done by February 1st. But that never happens.
    As you mentioned regarding the Subaru, it was just 'too unrefined' to keep it; like me, it got old after a while. Wife refused to even ride in it by the end and I was just not into it anymore either. Traded it on a new '17 Accord V6 Coupe...'kinda' power and comfort, convenience.

Subie was also an attention-intensive car regarding maintenance; 5k mile oil changes, 5k mile tire rotations, summer wheels and tires/winter wheels and tires, reprogramming TPMS accordingly...just became more of a PITA than it was fun...but it was one of the most fun cars I've ever had while I was enjoying it, turbo charged go-kart. Shifter was mush, jerky, uneven power curve and i didnt want to mod/tune it (too old for that stuff too) so it was what it was, until it simply wasnt any more.

For me, sunny days with bone-chilling cold ate worse than cloudy, cold days. Dunno, sun just makes the cold, colder to me. Odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    No....we got a bloated, FWD biased AWD car, they got a sleek, RWD, blown V8The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread Can you imagine what that car must drive likeThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They are an acquired taste to drive. When new, the media reviews were not particularly kind to these high powered Falcon's, most commenting how nose heavy they were, poor ride quality and numb steering feel. And in reality, the later model Falcon's were at the limit of what the dated platform and underpinnings could handle power wise and those Coyote engines are big and heavy. Now that might all sound like these things are horrible to drive, but these cars have a likable character that is hard to fully put into words. They demolish long distances, the huge reserve of torque a welcome companion and at highway speeds, the ride seems to smooth out. But it's all about the engine, they sound good and can roast tires with a mere twitch of the pedal. They are the last in a long line of Australian made Ford muscle cars and I absolutely adore it.

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I didn’t realize the WRX (non STi) was even unrefined. That’s too bad. Also, the 2017 accords are very nice.

Btw, this is the state of my road this morning. The county did maintenance on it right before yesterday’s heavy rains. They always grade the road just before rain. All it takes is 5 mph and my Jeep gets covered in that slop. That’s why I don’t detail it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

5. Likes Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I didn’t realize the WRX (non STi) was even unrefined. That’s too bad. Also, the 2017 accords are very nice.

Btw, this is the state of my road this morning. The county did maintenance on it right before yesterday’s heavy rains. They always grade the road just before rain. All it takes is 5 mph and my Jeep gets covered in that slop. That’s why I don’t detail it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow...if I had to drive down that every day I'd just give up in frustration...especially with black cars. Upside is that it looks like a beautiful, sparsely-populated place to live. My house is small, tiny, irritating and old but no neighbors within 350ft on either side makes up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up after the Dragons Tail and Skyway today in wet nasty road conditions.

10. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, DFB, Klasse Act, MadMerc and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow is that thing gleaming. Super glossy and bright. How did it do on the trip?
    1999 Camaro Z28

12. Thanks TNcoupe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did great. When the suspension is dialed up to sport+ it really holds the high speed corners really well. I only live an hour from there so I may the drive frequently.

14. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Cool ride, I have yet to see one in person.
    1999 Camaro Z28

16. Thanks TNcoupe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...but did he use the Beadmaker I gave himThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 556 of 964 FirstFirst ... 56456506546547548549550551552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566606656 ... LastLast