autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Zero issues. Snow mode works as described. Especially fun with the nannies off though. The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even without AWD, when there's measurable snow on the ground, I always turn off traction control in my car. My Blizzaks and 2nd gear take offs are all I need, or short shifting out of 1st gear.

Have fun out there ==========The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Even without AWD, when there's measurable snow on the ground, I always turn off traction control in my car. My Blizzaks and 2nd gear take offs are all I need, or short shifting out of 1st gear.

Have fun out there ==========The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I used to do that in my Fusion Sport back into the day. Even with an auto it would allow 2nd gear starts. I think my wifes SUV does too but it's not needed.

2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Zero issues. Snow mode works as described. Especially fun with the nannies off though. The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Q50 AWD? Which engine?

Pondering not replacing 04 Vette with new one, ran across Q60 Red Sport 400 Coupe that intrigues me. Twin Turbo V6, 400hp, looks good except for chrome c-pillar accents, pretty good reviews aside from the drive-by-wire DAS steering which some find off-putting.

Seems like good, year round capable, overall fun car that's not too $$...and not German so perhaps not such of a risk when warranty expires.

7. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Q50 AWD? Which engine?

Pondering not replacing 04 Vette with new one, ran across Q60 Red Sport 400 Coupe that intrigues me. Twin Turbo V6, 400hp, looks good except for chrome c-pillar accents, pretty good reviews aside from the drive-by-wire DAS steering which some find off-putting.

Seems like good, year round capable, overall fun car that's not too $$...and not German so perhaps not such of a risk when warranty expires.
    The styling of these are very impressive and as great as that blue looks with the cream interior, there's no way I could pass up that red, it glows more than Soul Red II from Mazda does even!!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Haven’t tried without. Plan is to get some smaller bottles and mix up a small batch of the ech2o/reload and then put it against what i mixed and I’ve got the new elixir carpro came out with as well. Maybe see which is best kinda deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah would be interested. I use Clutch instead reload and shiny as all heck. Only get 1week of good shine and be awesome if it lasted 2 weeks through 1wash

Post Thanks / Like

Q50 AWD? Which engine?

I had a g37 convertible before the stand and absolutely love it. The redline is an amazing car. Profile wise a little smaller but have her drive it!

12. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Q50 AWD? Which engine?
    See my signature. The Red Sport has the higher output Twin Turbo 3l motor. I'm leasing this one so a simple JB4 ups the power just enough for me on this one.

Wrap the trim. I did mine in one afternoon and it looks so much better. In terms of DAS, I love it. Those that don't IMO haven't really driven it much to get to know it. Most comments I've seen on it that hate on it are also on the stock run-flats which are horrible. I pulled mine off after 5 days and put on something much better. Night and day difference from daily driving to spirited driving with them. The car can't drive itself which it does very well without it thus on a daily driver on the highway it's amazing. The car is very predictable.
    Agree. I don't love it like I did my AMG or my S4 but it's close. There were trade offs. I went to get a new German brand but the lease deals on the Red Sport were $250-$350mo lower in ever case. I'll take and 8/10 vs a 9/10 for that much per month. YMMV.

I may be up in the Cleveland / Mentor area in early March. Happy to get together.

Post Thanks / Like

Q50 AWD? Which engine?

Also budget,

Looks like redesign of corvette coming soon. Even will have a mid engine offering. Not as refined as the Vette or Q60RS but Ford releasing 2020 Gt500.
    http://fordauthority.com/wp-content/...-6-720x340.jpg

15. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    See my signature. The Red Sport has the higher output Twin Turbo 3l motor. I'm leasing this one so a simple JB4 ups the power just enough for me on this one.

Wrap the trim. I did mine in one afternoon and it looks so much better. In terms of DAS, I love it. Those that don't IMO haven't really driven it much to get to know it. Most comments I've seen on it that hate on it are also on the stock run-flats which are horrible. I pulled mine off after 5 days and put on something much better. Night and day difference from daily driving to spirited driving with them. The car can't drive itself which it does very well without it thus on a daily driver on the highway it's amazing. The car is very predictable.

Agree. I don't love it like I did my AMG or my S4 but it's close. There were trade offs. I went to get a new German brand but the lease deals on the Red Sport were $250-$350mo lower in ever case. I'll take and 8/10 vs a 9/10 for that much per month. YMMV.

I may be up in the Cleveland / Mentor area in early March. Happy to get together.
    Thanks for the info. It really looks like a nice choice. Would make my life easier to not replace her Vette and go from winter and summer car for her to 1 year round car.

She's a Corvette Girl, though...

I find the Q60 compelling enough, though, that perhaps next year to replace my own year round driver.

If'n ya do get up here in March, shoot me a PM and we can meet up somewhere...that'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Also budget,

Looks like redesign of corvette coming soon. Even will have a mid engine offering. Not as refined as the Vette or Q60RS but Ford releasing 2020 Gt500.
    http://fordauthority.com/wp-content/...-6-720x340.jpg

Far too many unknowns about the C8 to ponder that at the moment; early adopters of a total design shift may have an interesting experience, not something I wanna be part of. Likely some pretty steep dealer markups went it finally arrives as well.

GT500 would be *my* choice with unlimited funds and garage space but we're just looking for her toy at the moment and she wasn't a big fan of my previous Mustangs.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 476 of 966 FirstFirst ... 376426466467468469470471472473474475476477478479480481482483484485486526576 ... LastLast