autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Looks sharp Kevin! I have a Pearl White 2013 P85 coming to me today for detail tomorrow. Will be doing Cquartz UK 3.0 on it with a possible Glliss layer for added protection. Not sure what products I'm going to use on it as I've not seen the condition of the paint. The owner is tentatively looking at a 1 step correction based on budget but we'll see what it needs and perhaps suggest more if it's bad.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Thanks kevincwelch thanked for this post
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously the condition of the paint will dictate what you can reasonably do, but I've used HD Speed before with great results. I guess it all boils down to expectations.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

4. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Obviously the condition of the paint will dictate what you can reasonably do, but I've used HD Speed before with great results. I guess it all boils down to expectations.
    Agree. This one will be coated so if it's a 1 step I may go Meg's 205, but then I do love CarPro Essence and with the Rupes Mille and their yellow pads working time even on speed 6 is great so while it may not cut as much it works excellent with this combo and serves as a great base for UK 3.0. I'm sure I'll be posting the results
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I need another polisher for my hobby life, but how is the Mille compared to the Flex?

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Not that I need another polisher for my hobby life, but how is the Mille compared to the Flex?
    I've made a 180* on my opinion of it since I started using their pads. It's my go-to unit since. LOVE IT. Key is to use their pads. I hated to invest in another system but after putting $400 into it I didn't want to just sell it. Here's my quick take.

Flex wins on ergonomics in terms of hand positioning and the trigger. However I've adapted my grip and the benefits of the Mille are strong. It is far smoother. Here I think it's the fact that the pads are designed well. If I put the LC Hybrid Force pads that work so well on my flex, the Mille feels like a Flex just spinning the opposite way. Put on the Rupes pads and it really is the machine doing the work, I'm just holding it. Speed wise, it does rotate and move noticably faster. IIRC it's 480rpm vs 520?...something like that. It's noticable though. That combined with more orbits/motion, it does cut faster too. So if I can speed up my time by even 5-10%, that's pure money to me. The other big benefit is the 5.5mm orbit vs 8mm. Doesn't sound huge but it's so nice to be able to get just about right up against a molding and not have the unit overlap it. Partly due to the smooth action of the machine. Sound....Mille is quieter/different. I don't need ear protection vs the Flex that has a sound that can hurt when held close if you're not wearing something. That's important to me.

Hope the above doesn't hurt your wallet but in the end, I look forward to using it. The only factor I won't know is longevity. My two 3401's are going strong and have seen hundreds of cars and get abused and have yet to flinch. Hoping the mille does the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to detail it yesterday. For health reasons I hadn't even been able to wash it in over a month.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-img_0258-jpgThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread-img_0257-jpg

9. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic V2.

These were taken around 8pm the sun is going down, and I am not a good photographer!

Hood.

Sides.

Roof.

11. Likes PaulMys, Misterpaul, SWETM, Diner, kevincwelch and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DAYUM!! Nice, Dave!!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brother Paul! I am happy with the results, I can't wait to try some of the PA toppers I have on it. I am thinking High Gloss will be first.

15. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Thanks Brother Paul! I am happy with the results, I can't wait to try some of the PA toppers I have on it. I am thinking High Gloss will be first.
    Get any more gloss on that thing, and I would suggest a welding mask, my brother..............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
Page 444 of 966 FirstFirst ... 344394434435436437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452453454494544944 ... LastLast