autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

So it looks like you guys agree that those additives do help clean the engine, and if they put more of it in the premium gas, then it should be a good thing right?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

That BG44k is the best imo. I run 2 cans every 10k on the wife's Armada. My diesel gets howes all winter and optilube all summer. When the injectors in the diesel fail I'm going way bigger. 100% over stock with twin modded injection pumps. Hopefully I have the big brother turbo by then so i can use all the fuel lol.

As far as running premium I'd just run a few tanks of 87 and see how the car reacts, worst case buy a jug of octane booster...be more cost effective i would think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So it looks like you guys agree that those additives do help clean the engine, and if they put more of it in the premium gas, then it should be a good thing right?
    Higher octane doesn't mean higher cleaners, trust me....where's Bob when you need him, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Higher octane doesn't mean higher cleaners, trust me.....

That’s not what he said. The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, they make a bigger profit on the higher octane blends, so they put more detergent in convince you to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Well then all those Shell V-Power w/Nitrogen and Chevron with Techron etc. commercials are miss leading as hell. Lol.
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AKT View Post
    And here’s the person who posted that video agreeing with me...

8. Likes AKT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm wonder why you are haveing 87 octane as standard. In Sweden the standard is 95 octane and there is 98 octane on some gas stations. The 98 I only feel difference when the car is 200hp+. Then you feel the little extra but most on the high volume motors they runs smoother and a better response. My friends Chevrolet Caprice-70 with the 454 bit block in it you really feeling the difference when useing 98. But nowdays they have a part of ethanol in the gasoline. That have done that the motors are not so lubricated as before as the transission to lead free gas did. So some added lubrication is necessary IMO.

The diesel has also some addetive in it that does the injectors to clogg. So run a cleaner of some sort is necessary also. And if you have a plastic gas tank you will have to have mold desolves in them. Know it's better but for 5 years or so there where a little scandal. They added way to much of this stuff so filters, injectors and tanks got sludge with mold. So filter holders and tanks and particle filters was so bad so you would have to replace them. Have seen it first hand and the sludge that it became was uggly. A thorough wash out of the gas lines was necessary to. Now it's restrictions as how much of this addetive they are admitted to use.

Sorry for the off topic. But it's intresting to discuss

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some truth, please read!

While on a trip to our yearly Tail of the Dragon trip 2 years ago I stopped for lunch as soon as I crossed into Tennessee. Afterwards I stopped across the street at Shell to fill up. I went inside to prepay and approached the pump. I took out the nozzle and inserted it into the tank and waited....and waited for the pump to come on. After a bit it finally began to dispense the fuel. Once filled up I went back in, got my change and left. At this point have you noticed anything yet???

I get right back onto I-75, go to accelerate and then it happens...or should I say doesn't happen! What I'm talking about here is BOOST and I only had 5 pounds of itThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread I had no CEL but no real boost either. It then dawned on me, the delay at the Shell station was me NOT pushing the octane button, so apparently it defaulted to 87 and the ECU backed off the timing and boost down to "safe" levels. I called 500Madness, the company that makes my piggy-back tune, and they confirmed it. They went on to tell me to just dump a bottle of octane boost into the tank, even though I had just filled up. Once I got into town I stopped at AutoZone and bought 2 bottles of 104+. I then poured 1 bottle into my basically full tank and headed down the road. I waited until ingot about 5 miles down the road, giving the product time to mix with the fuel before "getting on it". Once I did I was very happy as full power WAS RETURNED! The car was pulling 19 psi per the Ultra gauge, slightly more than the 17 psi or so I was a custom to.

At this point I decided to always have a bottle of 104+ in my car and to NEVER FORGET to push the octane button again or else........

11. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Here's some truth, please read!

While on a trip to our yearly Tail of the Dragon trip 2 years ago I stopped for lunch as soon as I crossed into Tennessee. Afterwards I stopped across the street at Shell to fill up. I went inside to prepay and approached the pump. I took out the nozzle and inserted it into the tank and waited....and waited for the pump to come on. After a bit it finally began to dispense the fuel. Once filled up I went back in, got my change and left. At this point have you noticed anything yet???

I get right back onto I-75, go to accelerate and then it happens...or should I say doesn't happen! What I'm talking about here is BOOST and I only had 5 pounds of itThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread I had no CEL but no real boost either. It then dawned on me, the delay at the Shell station was me NOT pushing the octane button, so apparently it defaulted to 87 and the ECU backed off the timing and boost down to "safe" levels. I called 500Madness, the company that makes my piggy-back tune, and they confirmed it. They went on to tell me to just dump a bottle of octane boost into the tank, even though I had just filled up. Once I got into town I stopped at AutoZone and bought 2 bottles of 104+. I then poured 1 bottle into my basically full tank and headed down the road. I waited until ingot about 5 miles down the road, giving the product time to mix with the fuel before "getting on it". Once I did I was very happy as full power WAS RETURNED! The car was pulling 19 psi per the Ultra gauge, slightly more than the 17 psi or so I was a custom to.

At this point I decided to always have a bottle of 104+ in my car and to NEVER FORGET to push the octane button again or else........

I'm glad that you told this story. It's going to be a real change of refueling habits for me. Looking forward to going Ecoboost with the new car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    I'm glad that you told this story. It's going to be a real change of refueling habits for me. Looking forward to going Ecoboost with the new car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Even though a turbo, does the ecoboost call for premium? Looking forward to the build for sure!!

Page 404 of 966 FirstFirst ... 304354394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412413414454504904 ... LastLast