autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bee Pollen

Post Thanks / Like

Bee Pollen

Hey guys,

My missus works at a place that has bees, and every day her car comes home with bits of what I can only imagine is Bee pollen on the paint. It's like small bits of yellow/orange sap type stuff that kinda blobs onto the paint. When I washed her car yesterday (White 2012 Polo GTi), I hit all the bits with Poor Boys Bug Squash, and it basically all came off okay, but there was one large bit on the bonnet (hood) that seems to have kinda stained the sealant (I've recently sealed it with WGDGPS and Pinnacle Sov wax).

I tried some WG Final Glaze polish on it which did nothing, so I then tried some WG Swirl Remover, which again didn't do much. Fearing I'd stripped all the sealant off, I sealed the section again with the WGDGPS, but I still have a small line of a yellow/orange stain on the paint.

This is the only pic I can get ATM because it's dark right now, but I've highlighted the area as best I can.

Any clues how to get rid of this? I think I'll just have to use my Poor Boys QD spray a little more often?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bee Pollen

Forget the bee pollen, someone drew a circle on your car with a Sharpie!!

Unfortunately, a (at least) daily walk-around inspection is de rigueur to get off any bird poop, sap...or bee pollen (with your QD or waterless wash). The sooner this stuff is removed, the better.

To remove that stain, you might try more of a chemical cleaner like Klasse AIO, or even better, Duragloss 501.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post

Any clues how to get rid of this? I think I'll just have to use my Poor Boys QD spray a little more often?

1. I would think some rinseless or waterless wash for the Bee Pollen.
    2. Isopropyl or Denatured Alcohol will remove the Sharpie Marker....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I might try some QD spray on it tomorrow, that's about all I have that I can think of to try on it.

The Sharpie Marker (whatever that is lol) mark will have to wait. Might be a job for the FBI or CIA. Will have to escalate proceedings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you don't want to strip the sealant but at least it's just the hood. I would clay it and get it off. You'd prolly spend an hour at most on the whole thing. If the QD doesn't work for you I would personally go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if I can't get it off with some QD tomorrow I might just strip a 6" section or so around it with some dish soap, clay it, make sure the stain is gone, then reseal the area.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Yeah, if I can't get it off with some QD tomorrow I might just strip a 6" section or so around it with some dish soap, clay it, make sure the stain is gone, then reseal the area.

Thoughts?
    That's what I would do man.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, this stuff it way harder to get off that you think. i had to polish it off my white car with a GG DA and a green polishng pad and Poorboys Pro Polish. This stuff is Nastly and I think it even etched my PPF. Easier to get off paint than PPF.

Good Luck. I have never had this happen before this year. Really Sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35x View Post
    Guys, this stuff it way harder to get off that you think. i had to polish it off my white car with a GG DA and a green polishng pad and Poorboys Pro Polish. This stuff is Nastly and I think it even etched my PPF. Easier to get off paint than PPF.

Good Luck. I have never had this happen before this year. Really Sucks!
    WGTSR by hand and really vigorous motion seemed to do nothing, so I might have to bust out the Concours 900 and an orange pad. I will not be defeated though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is bee urine FWIW
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast