autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Different LSP on front bumper

Curious, does anyone ever use a different LSP Or coating on areas that get especially dirty/buggy, then use a beauty wax om the rest of the car?

For example, apply Opticoat, Wolfs Hard Body, or Colonite 845 on the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side rocker panels. Then apply Souveran, Petes 53, Lusso Oro, etc. on the rest.

Sort of like sealant clear bra? The idea being that these areas get the dirtiest, and require the most agitation during maintenance washes....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Different LSP on front bumper

I have thought about using a paint coating on my front number and mirrors as they get covered in bugs quickly! So I'm assuming washing them off would be an easier task.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I have Hard Body on hood, trunk and roof of car.

Sides are beauty waxes, awaiting for Exo to come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    Curious, does anyone ever use a different LSP Or coating on areas that get especially dirty/buggy, then use a beauty wax om the rest of the car?

For example, apply Opticoat, Wolfs Hard Body, or Colonite 845 on the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side rocker panels. Then apply Souveran, Petes 53, Lusso Oro, etc. on the rest.

Sort of like sealant clear bra? The idea being that these areas get the dirtiest, and require the most agitation during maintenance washes....
    I've been thinking about this very same thing for the last 2 weeks. Probably will get some OC next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    I have thought about using a paint coating on my front number and mirrors as they get covered in bugs quickly! So I'm assuming washing them off would be an easier task.
    Part of the concern for me is bugs sitting on the front bumper. I was thinking a heartier wax/coating would buy you additional margin of safety if you cant get those bugs off immediately.

Is that logical? I don't know the science of exactly how fast bugs eat through LSP's, or if certain waxes/coatings are more resistant. Does something like OC resist bug damage significantly better than a wax? I think it "should" but don't have any direct experience or testing.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to keep the same product through out, if it's lacking in a department then it won't stay in my arsenal for long as I'll upgrade to something that's great across the board

Post Thanks / Like

Have loaded up the front clip with ReJex this past year and like the results...nice a slick. Recently tried the Griots bugbarricade, and LIKE the results. Previous product was a bit filmy or "waxey". It worked but dulled things. This new one does not--it goes on and buffs out great and shiney. I remove all bug debris after each drive or at night after being on the road--just because. I like a clean car in the morning at the motel or in garage. And the bugs remove now a lot more quickly--tho fresh bugs are ALWAYS better, than the baked ones. LOL...