autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots hand polish aggressiveness?

Where does griots garage hand polish fit on the aggressiveness polish chart?

How does it compare to their machine polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots hand polish aggressiveness?

Post Thanks / Like

I think their hand polish isn't very aggressive as far as most polishes go. I've tried it and while it worked good, I ended up buying their random orbital and using their machine polishes and have been much more impressed with the results. Whether the difference is due to using the machine or in the polishes themselves I can't say, but their machine polishes are excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use something by hand, try Megs Ultimate Compund. I do this when i need to spot polish areas and don't want to rip out the machine to correct something minor.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Their Fine Hand Polish is great for removing very minor defects and slight marring. It breaks down into a finer polish. It is a very nice last step polish by hand.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    If you want to use something by hand, try Megs Ultimate Compund. I do this when i need to spot polish areas and don't want to rip out the machine to correct something minor.
    I disagree. I used Megs Ultimate compound by hand and ended up with swirls all over that were impossible to remove by hand (i'm quite strong). I ended up buying Megs DE tool and that took care of it. I followed with MEgs Ultimate polish with yellow pad and ended with MEgs Ultimate wax with black pad. Result was very good.
    Though their compound if used with their wine colored pad is very harsh and cuts a lot. I did get some marks in the paint from that but maybe that was from hand polishing with too much force, not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FastNoturbo View Post
    I disagree. I used Megs Ultimate compound by hand and ended up with swirls all over that were impossible to remove by hand (i'm quite strong). I ended up buying Megs DE tool and that took care of it. I followed with MEgs Ultimate polish with yellow pad and ended with MEgs Ultimate wax with black pad. Result was very good.
    Though their compound if used with their wine colored pad is very harsh and cuts a lot. I did get some marks in the paint from that but maybe that was from hand polishing with too much force, not sure.
    No offense sounds like lack knowledge about hand polishing, it can be done and be done flawlessly with Megs UC, just takes practice! Especially for minor areas, plus its depends on your paint too.
    Back to the full-time grind.