autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today detailing related?

What did you do today detailing related?-img_0082-jpgWhat did you do today detailing related?-img_0081-jpgI polished the gloss vinyl decal on the hood. It was very milky looking. I used a white lc pad, and hyper polish. There's still some swirls , but look much better now.

2. Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today detailing related?

Old 2-door Plymouth

See my FB page - link is in my Sig Line

More pics tomorrow.

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Old 2-door Plymouth

See my FB page - link is in my Sig Line

More pics tomorrow.

69' Road Runner...BEEP BEEPWhat did you do today detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2013 Abarth coated w/TAC system Power Plus 2x's 6-2-18
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm going to fight the salt dust and I have weapons of mass decontamination and my finger was on the trigger (trigger of my BF 48 oz pump sprayer, LOL) I always have N914 in there, mixed with distilled water, of coarse and even brought down a full gallon to keep it topped off and for a final top off when done.

I had 2 days of salt dust and oversprayed each panel to ensure a safe and clean wipe and that's exactly what I got! To this day if there's anyone not using N914 you need to wake up, stuff just flat out cleans and on a coated car like mine, well, leaves the finish flawless!

Once done I sprayed the wheels and tires with the N914 and gave them a swipe. Funny thing here is how much grit came off of the tire too. Previously I apparently applied too much Griot's Black Shine and did wash that down 2 days ago and gave it a swipe but I guess between the salt dust and cleaning ability of the N914 explains the black section of the mf towel.

Finishing things up I wiped down the jams, engine compartment and dash board/door panels as well as both of my Weather Techs. Now it's time for bed and I look forward to a clean ride to work, for a while anywaysWhat did you do today detailing related?

6. Likes Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick touchless wash of the 320d as only had 30 mind and bot been washed in over a month.
    Wheels were sprayed with Bilt Hamber auto wheel which is an excellent product! Wheels were covered in brake dust and grime and 5 mins of this product had them clean!

Bilt hamper autofoam was then used to snowfoam the car after it had been rinsed and allowed to dwell for 5-8 mins before being washed off.

Gyeon wetcoat was then used on the car and wheels for quick protection. Allowed to naturally dry!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to take any pictures because I was in a rush so forgive me there. Tried a few different products today that I hadn't before

Did an ONRWW rinseless and tried out the infamous Big Red Sponge for the first time. I know a lot of people swear by it, others hate it, and some are so so. I'll say that I'm a fan. My car wasn't super dirty. Did a ONR pre soak as I always do whether it's filthy or just dusty. Then I chose to do two passes per panel with the BRS. So did half the hood in straight, low pressure passes and then flipped the sponge and went over again. Then took a damp MF towel, then followed with a waffle weave to do the final drying. What impressed me most is how smooth the sponge felt across the paint, which was a bit surprising to me considering my car isn't coated, sealed or anything right now. Also hasn't been clayed or decontaminated in about a year so my paint is far from great shape in that regard. It glided across and cleaned pretty well. Using the MF towel after pulled up very little dirty, and when using the waffle weave I wasn't pulling up any dirty that my eyes could see and I used a lighter colored waffle towel. So overall I think i'm a fan and a believer.

Also tried Mckees tire and rubber rejuvenator which did a great job cleaning and removing all browning.

Also tried out 303 protectant on my exterior plastics which seemed to do a pretty good job as well.

Also tried Meguiars plastic and vinyl coating. The aerosol can. Reason for trying that out is because my car has a plastic honeycomb style upper and lower grill and it's a pain to clean of course but also a pain to dress. Worked well also. Don't know about durability or anything like that but initial aesthetics look good on it.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Post Thanks / Like

Reporting live from Cicero Illinois!

Sorry to my fellow Chicagoland geeks for bringing this damn snow out, I jinxed it last night getting after the salt dustWhat did you do today detailing related?

Post Thanks / Like

Washed and applied Klasse AIO last weekend. This weekend washed and applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I must be doing something wrong because I found removing Wolfgang a PITA. Applied and waited an hour before removing. Purchased the Wolfgang as reviews say it's super easy to remove. Happy with results but it took more work than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Washed and applied Klasse AIO last weekend. This weekend washed and applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I must be doing something wrong because I found removing Wolfgang a PITA. Applied and waited an hour before removing. Purchased the Wolfgang as reviews say it's super easy to remove. Happy with results but it took more work than I thought.

How did you apply KSG?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How did you apply KSG?

I applied it by hand. Completed entire car, waited an hour, then wiped off with microfiber detailing towels.

Page 1428 of 1521 FirstFirst ... 428928132813781418141914201421142214231424142514261427142814291430143114321433143414351436143714381478 ... LastLast