autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Which kit was that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It’s a process. I first pre clean the headlights and then use masking tape around the edges to protect the paint and any chrome trim. I use different grades of sandpaper depending on the lens I’m working on at the time. On these I used 1500 and 3000.
    Then I use a Griots Garage 3” polishing machine, 3” pad, and Meguiars compound and then polish. Afterwards I make sure I clean any polish residue off the lens before applying a protective coating. I’m currently using Gtechniq Crystal Light for that. I hope this helps.
    1990 Miata Crystal White 1.6 "B" package VLSD stock 5-speed

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Did ezriderga from Garage forum perform the headlight correction?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yes
    1990 Miata Crystal White 1.6 "B" package VLSD stock 5-speed

Post Thanks / Like

It was 58F here in PA and even though it was raining, I did a full 2 bucket wash on my wife’s car to remove the crud the winter had added to it so far. Ready to go now until next warm winter day.
    Bruno Soares

5. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got around to the FNW this evening and nothing out of the ordinary but I did spray Alien Kleen on the tires/wheels/wells/grills and rear diffuser and let it sit for quite a bit. Once I got around to washing the car I used CG's Blacklight carwash soap in the dispenser and Griot's Brilliance in the bucket and knocked it out.

Once I was done I gave the car the usual additional soaping down and rinsed it off and dried it. For drying I used my giant Big Blue, first time using it and man that thing is HUGE on my little car! Finished it off with a Griot's PFM...done. Once I dried the tires and wheels I noticed the tires weren't their usual black self. Now I had a coat of Soft99 tire coating on there and after a month it was looking very matte but NO BROWNING but I decided to add a coat of 303 Tire Balm on there, that was a week ago. I'm wondering if it doesn't play well with others and/or the combination of spraying Alien Kleen on there and letting it sit for over an hour and it broke everything down, I also scrubbed the tires with my speed master when I cleaned the tires and wheels, who knows but they are getting a fresh coat laid down tomorrow for sure.

Now it's time to head upstairs and recharge the batteries, as well as the Worx hydroshot batteryWhat did you do today detailing related?

2013 Abarth coated w/TAC system Power Plus 2x's 6-2-18
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the d/s front tire and wheel. Upon close inspection there is some browning and in those annoying ribs these new type tires all seem to have these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished an N914 WW on the wife's Mazda 6.

It was average dirty so I figured I'd do a WW. I used my BF hand pump, that thing is Awesome! If you don't have one...GET ONE! You'll find a use for it, trust me.

I used my tire cleaner mix and Mothers tire brush on the tires and CG's sticky citrus for the wheels and the speed master brush on the wheels and barrels. Once I was done drying the car I sprayed some N914 on the tires and wheels and gave them an extra wipe.

It's only about 3 weeks into the McKee's Hydro Blue Sio2 spray coating on her car but you can feel how smooth the paint is, the gloss is awesome and I had to be careful as the N914 was starting to dry up if I did too large of a section of the car, GREAT product right there, tip of the cap to Nick and everyone at McKee's for creating the Hydro Blue Sio2!

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dressed the tires with a fresh coat of 303 Tire Balm What did you do today detailing related?

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Came up with a new coating

When it melts it takes everything that was on the surface with it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ryan

14. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just finished an N914 WW on the wife's Mazda 6.

It was average dirty so I figured I'd do a WW. I used my BF hand pump, that thing is Awesome! If you don't have one...GET ONE! You'll find a use for it, trust me.

I used my tire cleaner mix and Mothers tire brush on the tires and CG's sticky citrus for the wheels and the speed master brush on the wheels and barrels. Once I was done drying the car I sprayed some N914 on the tires and wheels and gave them an extra wipe.

It's only about 3 weeks into the McKee's Hydro Blue Sio2 spray coating on her car but you can feel how smooth the paint is, the gloss is awesome and I had to be careful as the N914 was starting to dry up if I did too large of a section of the car, GREAT product right there, tip of the cap to Nick and everyone at McKee's for creating the Hydro Blue Sio2!

I agree with you on the Hydro Blue. One of the coolest products I have tried. I have just that and McKee’s Trademark extender wax on my wife’s van. Glossy and slick. Nice hydrophic properties. Heck just for kicks I’ve sprayed it over cars that had normal sealants/waxes like Collinite 845 and others. Remarkable that it even bonds over them. Sure it may not last as long as normal but I was also surprised by in the increase gloss it gave them. I have even sprayed on a buddies truck that was just washed but has never been polished or clayed. Still worked great. Might affect its durability but he was blown away that you could get those result without actually waxing.

I also think there is a perfect niche market for it. I gave some to both my father and father-in-law. For someone in ther 70’s this product is perfect. They were truly mesmerized that you could wax your car in less than 10 minutes without touching it. I can’t stop them from running their cars through the swirl-o-matic, but they can do that and come home spray their car off with Hydro Blue and they are done. Taught them another use for their leaf blowers too. Both of them remark how glossy and hydrophobic their cars are while always adding that their hands never touched their cars. Hilarious!

The thing that separates Hydro Blue from the other spray sealants is how sun friendly it is. This product works whenever you want it to. Big deal in my eyes.

Just buy the gallon. Helps it’s price point and you can use it on everything! Wheels, glass. It does it all.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had done a mechanical decon on my wife's Mazda 6 before I applied it, I was so excited to try it that I didn't think things through. Either way, the test is on but now that I think about it, it's about 3 weeks in.

Page 1385 of 1508 FirstFirst ... 3858851285133513751376137713781379138013811382138313841385138613871388138913901391139213931394139514351485 ... LastLast