autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

halogen on white /light colors

Just noticed to day its very hard to check paint correction using the halogen on light color finishs....or is it my eyes???

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like some input on this as well. I have two light silver cars and it's difficult to see ANY product that I put on it. I tried polishing a white car this weekend using OP and PwS. Tough to tell when the product has broken down because I can't see it when I first put it on to begin with. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    light colored cars are definitely a challenge when it comes to seeing product and defects on the paint....they reflect to much of the light back into your eyes...although still not easy to see as dark colors you will find better results in lining up your lights at a 45 to 60 degree angle to the paint...and the look at the paint from the opposite angle...dont look exactly into the reflection of the light but more the "halo" it creates

Post Thanks / Like
    I use halogen lights when I do my cars including my white cars. Light cars are hard to do without the right light. I seems I always have to move the light to get it at the right angle so I can see what I'm doing on the white ones. Having both florescent and halogen lighting works good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cullen2505
    I would like some input on this as well. I have two light silver cars and it's difficult to see ANY product that I put on it. I tried polishing a white car this weekend using OP and PwS. Tough to tell when the product has broken down because I can't see it when I first put it on to begin with. Any suggestions?
    .Less light im finding out may be better....i have to experiment, shading etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    light colored cars are definitely a challenge when it comes to seeing product and defects on the paint....they reflect to much of the light back into your eyes

RIGHT..... NOW IM SURE ITS NOT ONLY MY SET UP...BUT THE BACK IN YOUR EYES REFLECTION...

...although still not easy to see as dark colors you will find better results in lining up your lights at a 45 to 60 degree angle to the paint...and the look at the paint from the opposite angle...dont look exactly into the reflection of the light but more the "halo" it creates
    GOOD IDEA.......THANKS I'LL TRY THAT......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    I use halogen lights when I do my cars including my white cars. Light cars are hard to do without the right light. I seems I always have to move the light to get it at the right angle so I can see what I'm doing on the white ones. Having both florescent and halogen lighting works good.

I also have over head fluorescents, but moving that halogen around with the upper lights shining down is what i'll have to do.....
    also the angle as mentioned by ORNGEZ is a good idea...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to get a set of halogens because it's not cutting it without them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cullen2505
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to get a set of halogens because it's not cutting it without them.

HOME DEPOT HAS A SALE...picked up a HUSKY 500 watt halogen $9.98

check it out...