autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONR convert!

Post Thanks / Like

ONR convert!

I used ONR (optimum no rinse) for the first time yesterday evening. I walked away feeling rather impressed! I just wanted to share some observations:

1. I knew from previous reading that the feel of the ONR solution wasn't soapy, but slightly slimy (for lack of a better word). It wasn't as slimy as I thought it would be, following the 1 fl. oz/2 gallon dilution. However, upon wiping it on an individual body panel, it almost left a single sheet of wash, like every video I watched of its use. Definitely easy to wipe on without much pressure at all.
    2. I think what took me the longest amount of time was drying each body panel after washing. I ended up using the blot method, using two Cobra microfiber guzzler supreme drying towels total. I went with the blot method more out of paranoia than anything else, with concern that any particulates remaining on my paint surface might be inadvertently dragged across during drying. I normally use a Griots Garage waffle weave microfiber for drying, by these Cobra guzzlers were incredibly impressive in their ability to suck up moisture. The reviews across the web and here on this forum are definitely spot on. They are simply fantastic.
    3. ONR also works relatively well on wheels. While not the best wheel cleaner I've used, ONR was able to remove the bulk of break dust from my wheels with minimal effort. However, I routinely clean my wheels, so that might have made it easier as well.

All in all, I'm very happy my decision to give ONR a try. And best of all? When I went out this morning to check out my car in full sun, there were no swirls or scratches as a result of using the ONR (didn't get a chance last night, since it was getting dark by the time I was done).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR convert!

ONR is a great product as you have found out. Has other uses as well and smells good.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    ONR is a great product as you have found out. Has other uses as well and smells good.

I LOVE THE SMELL!!! It makes claying more enjoyable IMO.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

The new version ONR is as close to perfect as Dr. G. can get it. How do I know, he told me so!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured I’d resurrect this thread since the title seemed apt.

I’ve been adding ONR to CG GW in my wash bucket for a few weeks now, but yesterday it was finally cold enough to warrant going full rinseless for the first time. My silver Audi currently has 2 coats of BFWD and a few coats of Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax (received a sample of this a while back, and I’m in love with this product), from the last 3 washes. I filled the wash bucket with 1 ounce of ONR and 2 gallons of water, filled up the rinse bucket, grabbed my sheepskin wash mitt (thumbless, of course) and a stack of MF towels (including my newly acquired AG Witch Green and Pumpkin). The car had been washed last Sunday, but a little rain and Sandy residue on the roads justified the wash. I will admit to being skeptical, but I’d been noticing that a lot of the pro detailers here on the forum list ONR as their washing method. Well, as the original poster said, consider me a convert. Wow. The stuff went on and came off so easily, and left the car sparkling (pictures below) and smooth to the touch. When I finished the painted area, I dumped the rest of the bucket into my wheel bucket, grabbed my Daytona brush and an old sheepskin mitt and did the wheels I finished with some more Pinnacle spray wax (did I mention how much I love this product—especially the smell), and since I hadn’t run out of daylight yet, I cleaned the doors and trunk with some PBW QD, followed by a coat of Optimum Opti-Seal from the seemingly bottomless 8 ounce sprayer. Since my kids were still outside riding their bikes in the court, I opened the top, detailed the interior with CG Interior Clean and brushed the floor mats. The sun was getting pretty low by this time, and so was the temperature, but I kept the roof down and went for a short spin around the neighborhood. A few pictures:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Welocme to the club fellas, I love ONR!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

ONR is awesome. I have really hard water and spraying my car with onr after a rinse prevents the water from etching. Its a miracle!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club. Once you go rinseless, you will never go back.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've been ONR-only for 3 years or so and just ordered another gallon. I don't think I will ever need to use anything else.

The versatility of the product is what does it for me: wash, clay, quick detailer in a pinch.

I recently got Power Clean as well to give me a bit more cleaning power when tackling wheels AND, after reading information on the optimum forums, if I pre-soak a panel with powerclean, it will strip whatever LSP was on the paint before.

If I were to use a traditional hose and bucket, I'd opt for citrus wash and gloss for the job but powerclean is safe and I've only heard great things about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast