autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What am I doing wrong with Klasse AIO???

I started a thread a little while ago about all of the hazing I had on my cars black paint along with a big scratch.

Well, I decided to go ahead and clean the paint on my hood as I had a few new scratches and all of that hazing.

Sure enough, I buff the hell out of my hood with a nice microfiber towel, and it looks good in the shade in my garage. I then pulled it into my driveway under the full sun. I could not believe it, HAZE GALORE! It looks like I just smudged the stuff everywhere. I was careful to not apply too much, and I used a microfiber towel in it's removal, and I still have crap everywhere.

I'm thinking all of the hazing that is on my car is from the same Klasse AIO that I origiinally applied a few weeks ago, and just never got it buffed out.

I ordered some edge pads along with Poorboys SSR2.5. I was planning on following that up with a coate of Klasse AIO and then some good Carnauba Wax.

All that being said, I don't want to go through all of that work with the PC and the Poorboys only to screw it up afterwards with the Klasse AIO.

What am I doing wrong with this stuff???

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you were not working it in long enoough or with enough power im not really sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,

Here is the thing. I lubricate my applicator with a little QD prior to putting the AIO on. I put about a dime size of the product on, and then proceed to rub it in.

I read everywhere that a little of this stuff goes A LONG WAY. I am having a hard time believe this as when I apply my pad to the paint to start and spread the AIO, it comes off onto the paint pretty quickly, and doesn't spread very evenly or easily. Then it seems not but 5 seconds later that it starts to harden up and produce a white pasty residue.

I proceed to still try and spread it out as best I can along with rubbing until I believe it has broken down. I then remove with a mircrofiber towel and get HAZE EVERYWHERE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brig2221
    Well,

Here is the thing. I lubricate my applicator with a little QD prior to putting the AIO on. I put about a dime size of the product on, and then proceed to rub it in.

I read everywhere that a little of this stuff goes A LONG WAY. I am having a hard time believe this as when I apply my pad to the paint to start and spread the AIO, it comes off onto the paint pretty quickly, and doesn't spread very evenly or easily. Then it seems not but 5 seconds later that it starts to harden up and produce a white pasty residue.

I proceed to still try and spread it out as best I can along with rubbing until I believe it has broken down. I then remove with a mircrofiber towel and get HAZE EVERYWHERE!

Maybe its me but i prefer AIO by hand only........

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,

What kind of QD and how much did you put on the pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO is a chemical based paint cleaner with some acrylic protection, it does not have alot (if any) abrasive quality. As such it is not meant to remove or hide swirls, thus a polish or glaze is needed.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not use a QD with Klasse..use a spritz of water....AIO is a water based Acrylic product...and does not react good to silicones in QD's..just spritz the pad with water and rub it in....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    I do all of my Klass AIO application by hand. I used the Mothers QD that came with my clay kit. I didn't put too much on, just a spritz or two to get some lubrication going.

Again, I am only putting a dime size on the pad and am trying to spread it as far as I can, and I can't get the darn stuff off!

I top the Klasse AIO with a Carnauba Wax, so I need the paint to be pretty clean and clear I would think before I put on my wax right? If so, how do I do this???

Post Thanks / Like
    I do all of my Klass AIO application by hand. I used the Mothers QD that came with my clay kit. I didn't put too much on, just a spritz or two to get some lubrication going.

Again, I am only putting a dime size on the pad and am trying to spread it as far as I can, and I can't get the darn stuff off!

I top the Klasse AIO with a Carnauba Wax, so I need the paint to be pretty clean and clear I would think before I put on my wax right? If so, how do I do this???
    There are a number of ways to get the surface clean before waxing, no one is more right than the other but each person has their own way to prep.

You can:
    • Just wash and clay
    • Wash, clay and use an abrasive polish
    • Wash, clay and use a chemical cleaner like AIO
    • Wash, clay, polish, AIO
    You can even remove the claying step if you like although I dont recommend it. Remember, its all in the prep.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Klasse AIO in a 2oz spray bottle. One spray per panel, two for the hood. This is the correct amount needed to apply AIO, or use a pea-sized amount.

I don't use a QD or water when using AIO. Just apply and go. Do NOT let this stuff dry. Work one panel at a time, and when you're done with that panel, just wipe off. It takes about 30-45 seconds or so to use this product by PC. (average size car) So be sure not to work it in TOO much.

If you use SG, apply via same technique, but this time let SG haze for 30 minutes or more.

Hope this helps....

-Nick
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast