autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Extractor Upholstery Tool

I have seen some videos of the Mytee extractors in use with the stainless steel external jet upholstery tool. It would appear on vertical serfaces the external jet seems to make a mess with water going everywhere.

Have others purchased a separate tool for their mytee extractors? If so, please explain your experiences. If not, tell me how you like the tools that mytee provides.

Thank You!

P.S. I am considering purchasing a Mytee HP60 or the mytee lite II. I am leaning towards the HP60 due to greater lift to aid in drying fabrics and carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Extractor Upholstery Tool

Quote Originally Posted by silvermesa View Post
    I have seen some videos of the Mytee extractors in use with the stainless steel external jet upholstery tool. It would appear on vertical serfaces the external jet seems to make a mess with water going everywhere.

Have others purchased a separate tool for their mytee extractors? If so, please explain your experiences. If not, tell me how you like the tools that mytee provides.

Thank You!

P.S. I am considering purchasing a Mytee HP60 or the mytee lite II. I am leaning towards the HP60 due to greater lift to aid in drying fabrics and carpet.
    Great choice hand on the extra lift.
    Yes, it can make a mess. Cup your free hand around spray pattern to limit overspray, or use a piece of cardboard/plastic (lid of my mf pad container, 14x6, works great).
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Cup your free hand around spray pattern to limit overspray
    Won't putting your hand around the stream of hot water burn your hand?

Has anyone tried an upholstery tool with the jet inside of the tool?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silvermesa View Post
    Won't putting your hand around the stream of hot water burn your hand?

Has anyone tried an upholstery tool with the jet inside of the tool?
    You're kidding, right?
    VT
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    that seems like a valid question to me lol...

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I asked the question about the water burning my hand was because I have never used an extractor and have heard how hot the fittings get on these units and that some people wear gloves when touching the connections. I assumed the water was very hot.

I am still interested in peoples thoughts on upholstery tools with internal jets vs external jets? In addition how helpful is a crevice tool?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't answer your question about the external jet tool, but I can tell you that the fittings, stainless steel tool and the stream of water on an HP60 can and will burn you. I filled it with hot water from the shower and not only did it decrease the time to heat the water to 212* , it made using it uncomfortable. I've seen guys wrap towels around the nozzle fittings to keep the temps down. Next time I'm at hone depot I'm going to pick up some split pipe insulation and find a way to cover some areas.

I haven't used my spyder for a detail yet but I have used it indoors and it worked amazing with folex. I was stuck between the two machines you were and after seeing the size difference and a demo of the spyder I was sold. The price is a bit higher however a few extra details will pay for that.

Get the HP60 and try the supplied tool it comes with. I bet you'll be pleased and the over spray isn't that big of an issue if you have a micro fiber in hand to wipe the residue. It also has a port at the bottom that can be used as a drying aid if you buy the hose kit. I didn't, so i don't know if it will be strong enough to blow the over spray off.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsinthedetails View Post
    that seems like a valid question to me lol...
    You're right and I apologize hand.

Guess that it's like a line cook at the steak house (testing doneness by pressing steak against the grill with fingers)...once you've become accustomed to the hot water, it's not an issue.

As for the fittings, yes it will catch my attention.
    VT

Post Thanks / Like

The internal her is a great feature if you're doing house hold furniture where over spray is an issue. As far as auto detailing you don't need it.don't her me wrong, it would be great to have but for the extra cost of the upgraded pump & tool, its really not needed.you're going to break your too eventually and the replacement cost on the internal one I thought was around 500_700$. I've used extractors for detailing for 12 years and never had a problem with the little over spray it causes.

Go for the spider for sure. The Mytee lite is great for hobbiest. As far as the drying attachment, it sins great but doesn't work.I know first hand lol