autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Can glazes be layered?

Amigos!

I am a glazer... I just like the smooth uniform warmth they offer, especially when paint correction isn't quite needed, requested, paid for etc, it still offers an awesome "make up" effect, although temporary, that really adds some flawlessness to the paint.

My question is: My gallon-each of Poorboy's Black Hole and White Diamond will be here tomorrow according to Auto Geek's UPS notifications on my Father's Day order.

1. I'm curious if I can, or should, layer these glazes for maximum effect and hiding of swirls and imperfections?
    2. Will two, three, or four hand-applied coats make a difference
    3. Should these products be applied liberally or thinly with each coat?

Thanks so much
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can glazes be layered?

I've only used Black Hole. I tried layering coats but I couldn't see any difference at all. I didn't go too heavy but It wasn't thin either. I could see a little difference when I layered CG Blacklight though.

Post Thanks / Like

Havent had a lot of experience with Poorboys but I have layered CG Blacklight and don't notice a huge difference in hiding swirls/imperfections on black paint but I think the gloss improves.
    In saying the above it doesn't stop me from applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 after every wash each week.

Post Thanks / Like

I layered backlight the first time I used it. In future ill just apply one layer. I didn't notice enough to justify the extra time needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTY3 View Post
    In saying the above it doesn't stop me from applying a coat of Blacklight and V7 after every wash each week.
    How often you wash? I could never be bothered do it after ever wash. Every month yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Wet glaze 2.0 can be layered until your hands drop off. Does not wash off like other glazes. It's the best glaze I've used and I am a glazer as well. Google it.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried layering Black Hole and did notice a improvement on the second application in covering up a scratch. I guess it's like touch up paint. Several light coats is better than one heavy coat. Anything more than 2 or 3 is probably just a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Yes. Wet glaze 2.0 can be layered until your hands drop off. Does not wash off like other glazes. It's the best glaze I've used and I am a glazer as well. Google it.
    I agee. 2.0 is a great product. It actually says that 3 layers make it really pop but that could just be there way of making you use more product so you have to buy more. I've tried 3 layers and didn't notice much difference. I typically apply 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I too sometimes layer Wet Glaze2.0, but don't see much difference. The PB glazes contain mild cleaners (per bottle label), so layering may not do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with PBBH is that one coat does 90% of what you need...another coat may give you 10% improvement (these are not scientific numbers, just an attempt to give my impressions numerically).

I just got some Wet Glaze 2.0 and used on my black batwing air cleaner (painted base coat / clear coat) and layered it 3 coats and noticed improvements each time. Only thing I wasn't sure about is that it appeared to attract dust compared to the rest of my car, which just has BFWD? Any experience with wet glaze and dust?

Post Thanks / Like
    The question I can never seem to get an answer for about BH is
    If it also acts as a paint cleaner. I know the label reads "it cleans swirls", but will it remove an LSP under it. I'm saying, if you want to use BH, do you HAVE TO strip off your old LSP, or will the application
    of BH do that itself???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast