autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Air Movers

Post Thanks / Like

Air Movers

I am about to purchase my first carpet extractor (Mytee HP60) and was wondering what everyone is using to dry the interior after extraction? Is one air mover sufficient or do you really need two in order to dry the interior in a timely manner?

I have done some research and found that quite a few people recommend buying a unit with at least 2,000 CFM. I have been looking at the Air Foxx 3/4hp air mover and would like to keep the price around $200 per unit. Does a 2,000 CFM unit dry the interior four times faster than a 500 CFM unit or is heat a bigger determining factor for dry time?
    Critical Details
    Trevor Spedden

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Movers

i have the mytee hp60 myself and use my air mover less frequently than usual. the movement of the air is much more important than the temperature. let it howl and it will do a great job within two hours. that is here in oregon. 200 bucks is the rate for everyone but i think worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Movers

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    i have the mytee hp60 myself and use my air mover less frequently than usual. the movement of the air is much more important than the temperature. let it howl and it will do a great job within two hours. that is here in oregon. 200 bucks is the rate for everyone but i think worth it.
    Two hours is a reasonable amount of time I was expecting a much longer drying time. As long as I detail the interior before the exterior I think that I will be in good shape.

What product do you use to pre-treat the carpets and upholstery before extraction? I have read that 303 Aerospace Cleaner, Meguiars D103 and Folex are all good choices.
    Critical Details
    Trevor Spedden

Post Thanks / Like
    I always do the interior first! So when i do have a carpet shampoo lined up this gives it plenty of time for the interior to dry as I do the exterior. After the main wash i open all the doors and let the air flow. After the the exterior is done 95% of the time the interior is completely dry. I use the mytee lite II i and i love it.