autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D151 vs Meg 105

Post Thanks / Like

D151 vs Meg 105

I worked w/ Meg 105 today and hate it. It's hard to wipe off and the white residue sucks azz. Does D151 have the same problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D151 vs Meg 105

No it is much easier to wipe off... But they are two totally different products used for two totally different reasons. 105 has much more cut. D151 has protection incorporated into it.

What machine and pads were you using? And what was your goal for the project?
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used M105 yet. But I love D151. It does dust a little when it dries around the edge. But it wipes off easy with no dust. I do want to try M105 when I need a real heavy compound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive found that if you work 105 past its flashing point its much easier to remove, or cut it with some 205 also helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    No it is much easier to wipe off... But they are two totally different products used for two totally different reasons. 105 has much more cut. D151 has protection incorporated into it.

What machine and pads were you using? And what was your goal for the project?
    My goal was to remove some swirls and It did the job well. It's the wipe off part that i hate. I ended up using the Ultimate compound and it did a good job as well but SO easy to wipe off. I used the Flex and Cyan pad w/ the 105. Even though i keep the pad moist w/ some spray but the wiping off process still sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaDetailin View Post
    I have not used M105 yet. But I love D151. It does dust a little when it dries around the edge. But it wipes off easy with no dust. I do want to try M105 when I need a real heavy compound.
    Good to hear the wipe off is easier than M105.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sears4976 View Post
    Ive found that if you work 105 past its flashing point its much easier to remove, or cut it with some 205 also helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I'll try that next time. ty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleauto View Post
    My goal was to remove some swirls and It did the job well. It's the wipe off part that i hate. I ended up using the Ultimate compound and it did a good job as well but SO easy to wipe off. I used the Flex and Cyan pad w/ the 105. Even though i keep the pad moist w/ some spray but the wiping off process still sucks.
    It's not the easiest product to work with, but there are ways to use 105 that help mitigate the difficulties when using it. How much product are you using? Anything more than a few drops on a primed pad will only cause you more harm than good. Also, as one other poster mentioned here, working 105 after it has flashed for another couple passes will really reduce the amount of product left to wipe off. When I first started using 105 it was a nightmare, but the results it gives are worth continuing to learn how to use the product.

D151 is also an awesome product, but won't get near the correction of 105. Ultimate Compound is also a great product and can handle pretty heavy defects while also being easy to wipe off. One trick you could also try is substituting one drop of 105 on your pad with a drop of Ultimate Compound. This will give you a little longer working time and easier wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSean View Post
    It's not the easiest product to work with, but there are ways to use 105 that help mitigate the difficulties when using it. How much product are you using? Anything more than a few drops on a primed pad will only cause you more harm than good. Also, as one other poster mentioned here, working 105 after it has flashed for another couple passes will really reduce the amount of product left to wipe off. When I first started using 105 it was a nightmare, but the results it gives are worth continuing to learn how to use the product.

D151 is also an awesome product, but won't get near the correction of 105. Ultimate Compound is also a great product and can handle pretty heavy defects while also being easy to wipe off. One trick you could also try is substituting one drop of 105 on your pad with a drop of Ultimate Compound. This will give you a little longer working time and easier wipe off.
    a few drops??? what's that!!! i put down at least two inch line every section. No wonder Noob mistake i guess.
    thanks. Gotta try that trick w/ one drop of UC.
    What do you mean flash?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple quick points that will save you a lot of hassle:

M105 does NOT work well with any extra lubrication. Prime the pad by wiping some m105 across it with your fingers. After, you'll only need about 3 drops for a normal area. Do not use water or any QD with it.

Let it flash, meaning work it for 20-30 seconds or so until it's clear. It will be easy to wipe off.

Make sure you don't work in too big of an area and you'll be fine. If you ever do get any caked on, the easiest way to remove it is to just buff over it again quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast