autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: simple green

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: simple green

I come from a similar school of thought, Mike. In my experience, companies and brands that that last do so because they understand their long-term profits depend on their reputation for putting out a good product - and as a result they hire good people and listen to them, and they put out products they can stand behind. The free market system takes care of the rest of the bunch, even if over time.

That confidence notwithstanding, the curious part of me still wants to understand the "why" and "how"!

Post Thanks / Like

I made the mistake of using Simple Green as an APC on automobiles, once. Never again.

Years ago when I didn't know better, I was cleaning up my wife's Jeep Cherokee. Due to life and young children the interior had become a bit gross. I didn't have any automobile specific products, and figured the Windex surface cleaner we used in the house wouldn't do the job, so I grabbed the bottle of Simple Green. While working around the driver's area, I quickly noticed areas cleaned by the Simply Green looked rather faded compared to areas not touched by the Simply Green. Another problem was the fact it effortlessly removed the white paint used for labels on switch gear and buttons!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SENC7 View Post

I come from a similar school of thought, Mike.

In my experience, companies and brands that that last do so because they understand their long-term profits depend on their reputation for putting out a good product - and as a result they hire good people and listen to them, and they put out products they can stand behind.

The free market system takes care of the rest of the bunch, even if over time.
    Well said. And that's what's right about capitalism.

That confidence notwithstanding, the curious part of me still wants to understand the "why" and "how"!

As a detailer, I too am always curious about the why and the how. On a related topic, as a Veteran of the NXT vs Zaino Wax Wars, in the middle of this war I was being asked "what's in the bottle" all the time as it relates to Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax.

My Manager at that time, John Dillon, (use to work for Steve Saleen of Saleen Mustangs, I think a marketing guru?) shared with me some TIMELESS advice. It was SO GOOD I included it in my 3rd how-to book The Art of Detailing, and even wrote an article to memorialize it.

A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

I don't know a lot about Saleen Mustangs as I'm kind of a Chevy guy, but back in 2019 I detailed this one to use and review a new Pinnacle product.

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray Sealant

Steve Saleen personally signed the glove box door...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I come from a similar school of thought, Mike. In my experience, companies and brands that that last do so because they understand their long-term profits depend on their reputation for putting out a good product - and as a result they hire good people and listen to them, and they put out products they can stand behind. The free market system takes care of the rest of the bunch, even if over time.

So very true, but then you think of the millions of dollars make off of the "As Seen on TV" products. Now, I'm not saying they are all bad, but some are nothing more then snake oil....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Well said. And that's what's right about capitalism.

As a detailer, I too am always curious about the why and the how. On a related topic, as a Veteran of the NXT vs Zaino Wax Wars, in the middle of this war I was being asked "what's in the bottle" all the time as it relates to Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax.

My Manager at that time, John Dillon, (use to work for Steve Saleen of Saleen Mustangs, I think a marketing guru?) shared with me some TIMELESS advice. It was SO GOOD I included it in my 3rd how-to book The Art of Detailing, and even wrote an article to memorialize it.

A great quote from John Dillon - When the topic of what's in the bottle comes up, simply put the focus on the performance of the product

I don't know a lot about Saleen Mustangs as I'm kind of a Chevy guy, but back in 2019 I detailed this one to use and review a new Pinnacle product.

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Synergy Spray Sealant

Steve Saleen personally signed the glove box door...

The results look so perfect. I was thinking of cleaning with Simple Green Cleaner. After your post, I thought that I must buy and clean with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123