autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdriver4u View Post
    I'm completely shocked that a spray wax can achieve a great shine like this opti wax. I would have argued that paste wax and buffer are the only way to go. 15mins or less to apply to a midsize car. WOW!!!! Who else has found this wax to be that impressive?. J
    ****funny you say that because I had the same reaction to their detail spray. The stuff goes on like liquid velvet and is by far the slickest spray anything I have ever worked with. It's just excellent IMHO. I also bought the spray wax but haven't had a chance to use it yet, as my garage is in LSP overload after detail fest.

Mike Phillips

Re: Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good)

I can't wait for the commercial to air!

One of the things we show in the commercial is using Opti-Coat II

Think about it... the average person watching TV has a mental image or "anchor" in their brain that pictures applying a wax as something you do with a can of wax or a bottle of liquid wax.

In the video they're going to see a Syringe being squeezed to eject a clear liquid onto a foam pad and then applied to the paint. Together with the words my guess is the average person will perk up and take notice and that's the goal.

Actually the goal of all these commercial is to drive traffic to the sponsors website.

Anyway... that was my thinking for the Optimum commercial...

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly new to spray waxes. Back when I won the "Write A Review" giveaway last year, one of the prizes included in the tote bag was the XMT 360 Spray Wax. I was absolutely FLOORED at how this product made my car look and was hooked ever since. From a trade, I received a 4oz bottle of Optimum Spray Wax and just tried it out this past weekend on my black Acura TSX and a silver RX350. This product WOWED me again. If I had to pick just one spray wax, compared to just those two mentioned, it would be the Optimum. The ONLY thing that I like better about the XMT 360 Spray Wax is that it flashes ALOT quicker than the Optimum. But as far as looks...the Optimum has a slight bit more depth and gloss. Slickness feels almost the same, but bottom line...I have a new favorite spray wax.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Another interesting fact about our spray wax is that the UV protection will actually permeate into the clear and restore lasting protection when used regularly. This cumulative effect was discovered by an independent lab when we were developing the product. This is HUGE news for all concerned with premature fading and oxidation. After all, it is UV testing that car makers spend mucho dinero on each year and not how the ph balance of wash solutions affect clears.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    "Re: Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good)"

-I'm intrigued why the "UV-Factor" of Optimum Spray Wax wasn't addressed.
    -If this product does indeed contain UVa/UVb absorbers, inhibitors, blockers, for example...Would it not, then, make this spray wax: ("Is it that good"?)...
    -I'd say YES!! Even better than imagined!!

I'd really appreciate yours, or others, thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    Another interesting fact about our spray wax is that the UV protection will actually permeate into the clear and restore lasting protection when used regularly. This cumulative effect was discovered by an independent lab when we were developing the product. This is HUGE news for all concerned with premature fading and oxidation. After all, it is UV testing that car makers spend mucho dinero on each year and not how the ph balance of wash solutions affect clears.
    Hi Chris...

Thanks for addressing the "UV-Factor" of the Optimum Spray Wax...It is appreciated!

What I gather from your post, then, the UV (I'm assuming both UVa/UVb) protectors are considered "absorbers'. Correct?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duck_commander View Post
    for those of you that have used DG Aqua Wax, would you say the Optimum Spray wax is in the same durability range as AW?
    I've only used Aqua Wax as a drying aid on my garage queen, so I can't comment on it's durability. However, on my winter beater, which is parked outside 24/7, I used 845 on Thanksgiving weekend, then did a topping with OCW in early February. No clay or cleaner, just a wash & wax. I know our winter and spring in Pittsburgh hasn't been severe, but the OCW still looks and feels strong after 2 months. I'd be really surprised if DG AW could match or top OCW's durability.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Billy... i've been using AQ for almost 2 years, and i thought it was a very durable spray wax... I may have to try the OCW when my AW runs out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Hi Chris...

Thanks for addressing the "UV-Factor" of the Optimum Spray Wax...It is appreciated!

What I gather from your post, then, the UV (I'm assuming both UVa/UVb) protectors are considered "absorbers'. Correct?

Bob
    More like inhibitors.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it and its my go to spray wax. Havent found anything better and pretty much have stopped looking now.

Post Thanks / Like

Question about application

Do you dry the car first or use it as drying aid?
    If you dry first, can I use something like optimum detailer for drying aid before ocw? Or would that mess with the wax?
    M
    2012 Acura TL Graphite Luster 6MT AWD
    2013 Mazda Mazda3 Velocity Red 6MT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast