autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carwash Soap In Bulk!!!!!

im currently useing a car wash soap i bought in a 5 gallon container. i was wondering how can you tell if its striping the wax? what do i have to look for in a carwash soap that doesnt strip exsisting wax off the paint?
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland
    im currently useing a car wash soap i bought in a 5 gallon container. i was wondering how can you tell if its striping the wax? what do i have to look for in a carwash soap that doesnt strip exsisting wax off the paint?
    First thing that popped into my head is how well the paint beeds after washing, and the following days after.
    How slick is the paint when your finished?
    Things such as that IMO.

What kind of soap is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    slickness is main my objective point, if the slickness is reduced from waxing then likely it removed some/all wax. Beading is a double edged sword, some products contain beeswax (which helps bead) showing the illusion its still there and protecting . And some surfacants actually sheet water giving an illusion that wax is gone temporarily. Its truly a hard question to answer ....

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    i bough t it from a high volume detailing outlet that sells to dealerships. you probably never heard of the company there out of ny topps all products.the only thing iv been buying from them is there carwash soap because its cheap 40 bucks for 5 galllons. all it says on the bucket is high concitrated carwash soap . it smells nice and its pretty foamy. im just worried if its a cheap soap that has harsh soaps and detegents in it that will strip my wax. everything else i buy form a/g and some other sites on the web.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Most Auto car wash soap is a high alkaline soap..reason is it's made to cut thru road grime...so it will probably cut into some of the sealant and wax..

after a wash the next day feel the paint..if it feels grabby ..then most likely its cut the sealant or wax...it may not remove it all..but will cut into into removing some..to me NXT is a harsh soap...it will remove wax..or at least weaken the layer on the paint..but cleans good...PH neutral soap is what you want to be gentle on the wax and sealant...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    i think your right. i used to be a big fan of high volume pro products. do to there cheap prices. but after being a member of a/g ive learned that alot of the brands that car dealers uses is just cheap soaps and chemicals. and not for guys who are looking for perfect results. i think ill play it safe and use up what i have left for the rims and tires and look into some other name brand for the exterior . can you guys recommend a great soap? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    megs nxt wash is pretty good...works good in a foam gun...my car still feels slick after three washes...not to expensive either...

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys Suds, Zaino Z7, and Duragloss would be my favorites. Pinnacle and Wolfgang rock but a little to expensive. Remember AG sells in bulk also.

Get microfiber towels and car care products at bulk prices in our bulk section!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    great ill have to try some!! thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    duragloss - can't beat it for the money!
    ~Lulu~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast