autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixing waxes

Post Thanks / Like

Mixing waxes

I have 2 partial bottles of Meguiar’s waxes. One is NXT 2.0 Tech Wax and the other is Mirror Glaze Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26. Getting ready to wax wife’s car and apply wax with DA Buffer; can I mix both waxes in the same bottle to apply? I can’t see any obvious problems in doing this, but you guys are the experts, so I thought I’d ask.
    This is for a 2010 Lexus ES-350 with paint in very good condition.
    Thanks,
    Jim Kunkel
    kunkeljamesh@comcast.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mixing waxes

obviously you can but what are your thoughts for doing it?

I haven't used either product but durability of the nxt sealant has generally been panned on here. If you are hoping to get better durability by adding the #26, then I'm not sure if that's how it works.

I added 845 to poliseal recently and while I think durability will improve, I can't say anything with certainty until after my testing is complete. It's been about 3 weeks now, so I'll be getting some results soon.

You might be better off just going with the #26 unless you want to do a 50/50 test...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

My main reason in mixing them is just to finish them off. I have tons of waxes around and like most, I'm always looking for the perfect wax. Never was all that impressed with NXT, thinking of giving Wolfgang a try. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I've used P21S, Blitz, Collinite, (all), etc.

Thanks,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    obviously you can but what are your thoughts for doing it?

I haven't used either product but durability of the nxt sealant has generally been panned on here. If you are hoping to get better durability by adding the #26, then I'm not sure if that's how it works.

I added 845 to poliseal recently and while I think durability will improve, I can't say anything with certainty until after my testing is complete. It's been about 3 weeks now, so I'll be getting some results soon.

You might be better off just going with the #26 unless you want to do a 50/50 test...

Post Thanks / Like

They are two completely different products. One is purely synthetic the other contains carnuba. I would use one, and then the other, but I wouldn't combine them together. I am not a chemist, and I don't play one on this forum, but both products are easy enough to use. I can't see a benefit of combining them.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Mixing waxes

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    They are two completely different products. One is purely synthetic the other contains carnuba. I would use one, and then the other, but I wouldn't combine them together. I am not a chemist, and I don't play one on this forum, but both products are easy enough to use. I can't see a benefit of combining them.
    Just lazy, don't want to have to change out the pads. Thought I'd just mixed them together, apply to pad, and hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhkunkel View Post
    Just lazy, don't want to have to change out the pads. Thought I'd just mixed them together, apply to pad, and hit it.
    I think I understand that you would rather not go around the vehicle more times than necessary...Or maybe your thought processes leans towards creating a new hybrid-finishing-wax of some sort . Anyway...

I don't know if they'll "chemically-mix/blend", or the nature of the mix if they do...But,

Instead of mixing these two products, I would rather apply a 'coat' of the Next 2.0 (sealant); allow a 12 hr. minimum curing-time; then apply a 'coat' of the #26 (hybrid wax/sealant).

That's just me, though.

Bob

Finishing Sealants

Hybrid Finishing Waxes/Sealants
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

"maybe your thought processes leans towards creating a new hybrid-finishing-wax of some sort ."

That probably IS part of my thought process!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhkunkel View Post
    "maybe your thought processes leans towards creating a new hybrid-finishing-wax of some sort ."

That probably IS part of my thought process!!
    By all means, let me know how that works out for you!!

Best Regards,

Mr. B

"Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

The Mr. Meguiar???

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    By all means, let me know how that works out for you!!

Best Regards,

Mr. B

Post Thanks / Like

Both of those products are so easy to use, just apply by hand, save yourself the hassle of using the machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast