autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Compound/Polish combo.

I've currently been using UC/UP and wolfgang twins 3.0. Now I'm looking for a combo that offers correction for heavier swirls.

I'm just curious what are the combos you guys use on heavy swirled up paints.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Go to Compound/Polish combo.

Meguiar's 105 & 205 is my go-to. Haven't found much it couldn't tackle so far but I have been experimenting with other combo's lately
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been leaning towards the 105/205 combo as I've read great things about it. How easy is the 105/205 to use? I can also find it locally.

Post Thanks / Like

I started off with the Ultimate line of polishes. And when I tried 105/205 for the first time it was definitely different. They dusted more and less working time. But I seemed to pick it up fairly quickly. Some people say are really hard to learn to use and other people don't have much of a problem at all. Like most things I think the answer lies somewhere in between both. I would't hesitate to give them a try, and you can find tons of discussions about them on here both pro and con.
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought Optimum MF pads ( cutting and polish ) and Optimum Hyper Compound & Hyper Polish.

I am still testing them against the Megs DA MF Kit, the Optimum MF Polish pad and the Opti hyper Polish will take out defects where the Megs MF DA kit "wax" and black MF pad will not.
    - The AG youtube video makes note if it is not bad, you can skip the Compound and MF maroon MF pad and go right to the black MF pad and the "wax"
    I say "wax" as it seems to be more so between a polish and a glaze to me. My opinion is it stills requires a LSP.

The finish for removing minor defects with the Opti MF polishing pad and Hyper Polish seems to be better than both steps in the megs MF DA kit ( 6" on flex ).
    - i do have more time on the Opti MF pads than the megs MF DA kit, so this could be end user error.

I still follow up Opti MF Polish pad and Hyper Polish with Menz PO85rd on a black LC VC 7.5" pad.

If you are considering the Optimum route, you should also look at the Megs MF DA kit as well.

Post Thanks / Like

i also like the Opti spray compound and polish. have only used them with LC flat pads and worked great. did do a couple cars with the Megs MF kit and it did a great job as well. to be fair i have only recently liked the products Megs been putting out so i can be harder on them then other companys. never was able to get the results i wanted from Megs in the past. but first time i tried the Optimum line i loved it. so until i get more "play" time with the Megs Mf kit right now my goto combo is the Optimum spray compound and spray polish

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you guys using the optimum compound/polish with a DA? What pads are you guys having success with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexVR6 View Post
    Are you guys using the optimum compound/polish with a DA? What pads are you guys having success with.
    I have only used Opti Hyper compound and polish on the Opti MF cutting and MF polishing pads to date on my Flex DA.
    I am late to the Opti Hyper product line, so the new MF pads were out by time I got here. Have yet to try them on foam, don't know if I would with the luck I have with defect removal on MF pad ( cutting or polish depending on the defect ).

The Opti MF cutting pad and Opti Hyper Compound I don't think would require the use of the Flex, so any DA ( PC, GG, Megs ) should be able to get the same results as the flex with this pairing.

The conversations I have had with others ( more knowledgeable than myself ) on the SIP / Opti Hyper Compound / M105 comparison put M105 as the best out of the 3 for very serious defect removal with a DA.

I am a shade tree detailer, so I don't think I would encounter any requirement for using M105, but I do have the 8 oz sample bottles of M105/M205 in my cabinet just in case. I have yet to open them. So, I have all 3 major defect removal products, just in case...
    I would hate to see what would need to happen to paint for me not to be able to correct it with Opti MF cutting and Hyper compound. Really wish I had gone Opti Hyper line before going Menz, think I would have passed on SIP / 106 combo. I don't think I could live without PO85RD now, I'm addicted to it.

Post Thanks / Like

My Trio....

• Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A
    • Menzerna Power Finish PO203
    • Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    My Trio....

• Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A
    • Menzerna Power Finish PO203
    • Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA
    This! Except I'll use SIP instead of PG unless its really bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast