autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just found my perfect detailing combo

In my seemingly never ending search for my own perfect combination, I tried the following on the hood of both my cars this weekend:

Poorboys PwS, followed by Collinite 845, then this morning, added a coat of OCW. Wow, what a warm, deep look. So easy to apply, no trim staining, and should be pretty durable. Poorboys sealants seem to have a much warmer, deeper look than other sealants I have tried. Collionite 845 over top makes it even better, but for looks, the OCW was the coup de grace.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I think I just found my perfect detailing combo

What sealants have you tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    In my seemingly never ending search for my own perfect combination, I tried the following on the hood of both my cars this weekend:

Poorboys PwS, followed by Collinite 845, then this morning, added a coat of OCW. Wow, what a warm, deep look. So easy to apply, no trim staining, and should be pretty durable. Poorboys sealants seem to have a much warmer, deeper look than other sealants I have tried. Collionite 845 over top makes it even better, but for looks, the OCW was the coup de grace.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105, 501, 101, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG,
    Werkstatt Prime, Prime Strong, Acrylic Jett, Blackfire Wet Diamond, NXT2, M20 Polymer Sealant, Ultimate Wax, Mothers Synwax, FK 1000P Hi Temp Paste wax, FK 215, DP Poli-Coat, and a few more I can't think of at the moment...

Post Thanks / Like

People praise OCW's durability a lot, but the looks are less often mentioned, and that aspect does seem to be underrated at times. I find OCW to not be as bright and shiny as some other spray waxes, but it has, as you mentioned, that deep, warm look - works really well to top-up a boutique carnauba without altering the look too much.
    Francis

opie_7afe

any spray wax ontop of a sealant/collinite combo works great, i love both OCW and xmt360-SW(new ver). i need to get more sealants, going to try some BFWD samples and order some dp policoat and buy some DG 111,501,601 local see how those products work.

Post Thanks / Like

Got pics? I'm going to be using PB PWS for the first time in a couple months. I also have PB EX sealant with carnauba and optimum poli seal. I have a black accord that gets swirls if you look at the car wrong and wanted to bolster protection on the clear coat. I was planning on applying PWS then a coat of EX, followed by opti seal and a topper any thoughts or experiences doing this?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I need to get in the habit of doing that.

I have no first hand knowledge of EX. I tend to prefer the warmer look of a wax, but also like some durability, hence the Collinite 845. I have found other spray waxes tend to give a sealant like look, not so much with OCW.