autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular Car Wash Vs Auto Detail

Why is it, That a lot of guys Think that by Just vacuuming / blowing the interior.
    This is part of a Detail Work?

I don't have nothing against. This is good & Ok if it works for your Coustomers. But to me. This type of work. Is not Detail

Here in my town / I belive I'm one of the few guys / doing full details. That We don't work by finishing fast. 3hour, 4hour detail?

I say before. A descent detail Work / has to be at least a 6, to 8hours Minimum.
    This by working a Semi-Detail

For me a Full detail, Involves thinks like: Headliner - Hood & Engine Wash & Detail - Headlight Rest. if need it - Seat Belt Cleaning - Portable Extraction on Carpet & Seats is a Must.

these are some of the Things We offer in a Full Detail / Int. & Ext

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Regular Car Wash Vs Auto Detail

Ok, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcfatboys View Post

I say before. A descent detail Work / has to be at least a 6, to 8hours Minimum.

Good evening to you brother detailer. Not trying to detract from your skills or your processes - many here may even agree with you, but this is a broad statement to make. I am not in disagreement with you -I just need further clarification on your point. Looking forward to your feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a lot of us do things the way we do them. I appreciate everyone's ideals, views and opinions on what should be done on an interior but it's what the customer want's to pay for that is important to me. Express details sell the best in this economy, my interior sometimes gets a labor of love that very few of my paying customers would ever dream of paying for. The interior work that I do is fast and thorough without a dedicated extractor or a steamer. The trashed interiors I do end up looking like the one in the photo below. Again, no extractor or steamer and it doesn't take 6 hours either.

Maybe that expensive stuff is something that you need to do a nice job but many of us get by without it. I will eventually purchase those things to be more efficient but my process works better than most detailers' in my area, at least that's what my customers tell me.

To each his own Bud.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen you post this in another thread, but I'll touch on it again.

I spend anywhere from 1-2 hours on an interior. When I'm done, the vehicle looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I do not own an extractor or steamer or anything fancy, but I get down and get the job done.

I could go pull seats out, seatbelt cleaning, headliner, etc, but most of my clients wouldn't notice the difference, nor could they justify the extra cost. They want an interior that is clean and looks like it was taken care of, which is what I give them.

I've never done an "interior only" detail, but I tell my customers if they want me to skip the interior and focus solely on the paint, they can save themselves $25-35. I believe thats a fair price for more thorough job than you'd see at the local car wash joint.

My customers are happy and I enjoy the results- one day I may add the extra services but for the time being my clientele doesn't demand it, and my part time detailing "hobby" doesn't justify the added expense.

(FWIW I'm mobile, as in going to the client's house/shop)

Post Thanks / Like

I think that I understand now. The OP was referring to post #26 & #52 on
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46331

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Good evening to you brother detailer. Not trying to detract from your skills or your processes - many here may even agree with you, but this is a broad statement to make. I am not in disagreement with you -I just need further clarification on your point. Looking forward to your feedback.
    I say this because, I seen in other post's that a full interior detail work, can be done easy.
    My point is. To do just Vacuum / Air blowing the interior / is not to be saying that it Is a FULL INTERIOR DETAIL.

Maybe I explain it to hard / sorry how I put things. But just making the statement. A full detail work is more than just what a lot of guys think it is.

I work in other stuff / not only Auto Detail. I do work in Residential & Commercial Carpet Cleaning / Upholstery & Leather cleaning
    so Basically I'm not a full time everyday Auto detailer / but I do work like If I was.

Sorry again if my Post / was a little to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcfatboys View Post
    I say this because, I seen in other post's that a full interior detail work, can be done easy.
    My point is. To do just Vacuum / Air blowing the interior / is not to be saying that it Is a FULL INTERIOR DETAIL.
    Sorry again if my Post / was a little to tuff
    10-04 I agree with your premise. By the way- how's the weather in Mexico? We are awaiting a winter storm here in DC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Seems a lot of us do things the way we do them. I appreciate everyone's ideals, views and opinions on what should be done on an interior but it's what the customer want's to pay for that is important to me. Express details sell the best in this economy, my interior sometimes gets a labor of love that very few of my paying customers would ever dream of paying for. The interior work that I do is fast and thorough without a dedicated extractor or a steamer. The trashed interiors I do end up looking like the one in the photo below. Again, no extractor or steamer and it doesn't take 6 hours either.

Maybe that expensive stuff is something that you need to do a nice job but many of us get by without it. I will eventually purchase those things to be more efficient but my process works better than most detailers' in my area, at least that's what my customers tell me.

To each his own Bud.
    That's good Man / And it is good!! Everybody works by how they think it can be the best way / the faster way. And I understand. I saw your Van. Nice I like the Big Vacuum you have there!!!

When my coustomers want basic / semi detail work/ ofcourse I do it. I explain to them. what the Basic / Medium & Full details comes with

a lot of people don't know much about detail / how much work can be involved. How easy & fast you can do a Pair of Headlight restoration, And the easy $40, $60dls you can Earn while working already on his car.

I respect all the different work from everybody!! at the end We all do the work in this!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    10-04 I agree with your premise. By the way- how's the weather in Mexico? We are awaiting a winter storm here in DC.
    Man for us is been cold here / we have warmer temperatures than L.A
    so for us, having this cold weather. people don't like it that much.

For me, is Nice. I love this type of weather. The heavy 110f, 120f in summer / kills me
    but I have to deal with it.

How strong is the Detail / in your Area?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast