autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best way to remove water spots with what I have on hand?

So, as near as I can tell I actually have water spots all over every window on my new Jeep. Not sure when it happened as you can really only see them if you are in a dark environment and shine a bright light (like a xenon bulb maglite) on them. You can see them at the right angle in sunlight as well but you don't really noticed them just looking through the window.

I tried a couple things to get rid of them last night and neither had an effect. First I sprayed a 50/50 mix of vinegar/water on a microfiber and wiped it on, let it sit for a few seconds and then tried to scrub. Nothing budged so I tried some leftover Mother's gold clay with ONR clay ratio and again nothing.

So.......
    What I have left and am debating what to try is either WG TSR or finishing glaze on an orange or white pad. What do you guys think? Obviously I don't want to scratch the windows. Would some type of glass polish be better to keep that from happening? Or should I not have to worry with a paint polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Give TSR and an orange pad a shot. May not be aggressive enough, but worth a try.

Please make sure you clean the glass extremely well before you polish it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to remove water spots with what I have on hand?

Chrome polish, like mothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Glass Scrub by Glass Science.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said what's on hand, but I don't have any experience with any of those products in removing water spots, and this product can be found inexpensively and most likely locally.

The water spots I had to remove were really bad. I mean bad! I first tried to remove then with Optimum Compound and an orange flat foam pad. Even with that combo and like 5-6 passes, they were still there.

Then, I came across Duragloss 755: Nu-Glass. I was able to pick it up at Napa for around $9. (My Napa is very small and doesn't stock a lot of things, but they ordered it from the warehouse and had it there in a couple of hours). I applied it with the orange foam pad again, and after 3-4 passes, the glass was crystal clear! The only challenging part was getting into the corners, which I did by hand, and took much longer.

Here is a picture to get an idea of just how bad the water spots I started with were:

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for DG if you can get it quick.....you'll be amazed at what it can really do!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Malibulx3. Thank you for the addition to my arsenal. My current remedy is effective,though harsh.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Any polish will work. A glass polish like CarPro CeriGlass, DP Glass Restorer, or DG Nu-Glass will work better sometimes being that they are designed for glass. I would pick up some Nu-Glass locally. I know they carry it at NAPA.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any knowledge of the type of products that work either with what you might have on hand. I have removed a lot of water spots from glass with Diamondite Glasswork Restorer and the Zip Sponge. I was amazed at how good the product really is. It's a little expensive but does the trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast