autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage products

First off, I tried searching the threads, google(ing), and youtube(ing) and can't seem to find much info/reviews for Griot's Garage polish and wax products. I will apologize in advance if a similar thread already exist. Mods, if this is posted in the wrong section, please move it.

So I own a 1999 Silver Satin Metalic Acura TL. I know, not even close to being super nice cars like a lot of the members on here, but I DO like (even love) to keep my car in tip top shape. My car almost always gets washed once a week and gets waxed pretty often. I THOUGHT I liked the way the vehicle looked after washing and waxing, until I parked next to a silver Acura TSX. It just "popped" more and glistens in sun. Also, have been seeing a lot of pictures of crystal clear reflections off of their work. That is how i want my car to be!

I have been doing a lot of reading/reviews on DAs and am set on getting the Griot's Garage ROP. I was considering the GG ROP kit with the machine polish 3 and best of show but have not found enough, if even any "real" review on their products. They dont even have product reviews in the store section! Is it okay to assume not a lot of people use GG products beside the ROP? I'm sure it will be better than me just trying to hand polish and wax, but i dont want to waste money if it doesn't satisfy me!

I was thinking of the menzera kit with WG 3.0 sealant and topping it with pinnacle souveran wax. Considering I am not working at the moment (college student) and maybe will like to detail relatives car (AIO) for a little spending money. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance for suggestions. Also, BEST auto detailing forum and store by FAR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage products

DO not get it. Griot's has some good stuff, but their polishes and best of show wax are sub par. They were the first ones I had and they do nothing but make your life much harder. I suggest getting a different kit or buying things in pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks IOMCAMARO for the fast response.

AG has awesome detailing kits with the PCXP, but nothing besides GG products with the GG ROP. I sort of gathered a "kit" through the store which came up to be around $500. I was thinking, might as well just do a decent purchase for free shipping and free banner, plus ACURAZINE 10% discount. Im just arguing with myself trying to justify the purchase. It will be my first time with a DA.

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's buffer seems to be the best one for the money for sure, but the Best of Show Wax is very difficult to remove, and comes out of the bottle stringy. It does offer deep rich looks, but looks brownish to me, which I don't really like. There are many LSPs that are easier to use and are better looking and offer more protection. I used Best of Show on one car back in the early 90's and have not used it since. I still have the rest of that bottle left, along with an unopened one. It will likely stay that way.

I have not used their machine polish, only their fine hand polish, and I have actually been very satisfied with that as a hand polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recommendation. Are the 5.5" pads a better choice than the 6.5" working with a DA? The GG ROP does comes with a 6" BP.

Also, I first thought of just sticking with a bunch of XMT products first, more like the learning process, and then jump to Menzerna and WG after I REALLY get the hang of it. But then thought, how difficult is really with a DA and patience? Maybe i should just get the Menzerna and WG products now. Thoughts?

Since no school and work, I've been on AG forum doing a lot or reading! Addicting and so much GREAT info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn One View Post
    The Griot's buffer seems to be the best one for the money for sure, but the Best of Show Wax is very difficult to remove, and comes out of the bottle stringy. It does offer deep rich looks, but looks brownish to me, which I don't really like. There are many LSPs that are easier to use and are better looking and offer more protection. I used Best of Show on one car back in the early 90's and have not used it since. I still have the rest of that bottle left, along with an unopened one. It will likely stay that way.

I have not used their machine polish, only their fine hand polish, and I have actually been very satisfied with that as a hand polish.
    LOL, i guess i will stay away from the GG kit with the Best of show. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

5.5" pads are definitely better for the GG 6" ROP. The 6.5" pads will work, but they take longer and don't get as good results.

Post Thanks / Like

how does 3 orange, 3 white, 3 black, 1 yellow, 2 blue sound? I watched a youtube clip of WG sealant being applied with a red pad. Im assuming it would be no problem using the blue pad for both wax and sealant and it is best to just use one pad for the LSP to not waste product?

Again, thanks for all the advice and helping out a newb.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to watch this thread also because I too bought the GG DA 6" buffer for Christmas but I'm not sure which of the 5.5" LC pads to buy. Once I start I don't want to need a pad I don't have once I start. Thanks, Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast