autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions about the Tornador Black and Air Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Sorry I couldn't help it.

The tornador black will work fine with any compressor that has a storage tank, you will just be limited on the amount of time you can use it continuously with a lower output compressor. It would take a 9.5cfm to feed the tool for continuous always on use. I would say that a compressor half that size would provide more than enough capacity to use the tool to its potential.
    thanks for that. I agree!
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post

What does that mean to you??
    A misprint maybe? 50 L is less than 2 cubic feet. This would be small pancake size.
    I agree. SOMETHING has gotten lost in translation. A compressor that is any kind of portable that puts that out is in the thousands of dollars. And I don't think even big power hungry pneumatic tools require that much. I know some do but not this little thing.
    I agree something has been lost in translation. Maybe a solution will come out of DetailFest.

We used the white and black Tornadors in Boot Camp. They are awesome when powered by an adequate air supply.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    A misprint maybe? 50 L is less than 2 cubic feet. This would be small pancake size.
    Whoops!! Cubic feet and gallons confused.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like
    There seems to be a LOT of misinformation about this tool and air compressors in general. I compiled a list of quotes on another thread of MANY people that have this tool and how they worked around the CFM requirements. Im going to try my best to explain a few things and help some people out.

There are different variables with this set up and they all are not constant. You have PSI. The tool requires 90PSI to operate. Not more, not less. No problem. Most compressors, even pancake ones have a 125 or higher PSI rating. The tool consumes 9.3 (I think) cubic feet of air per minute. For this purpose lets just say 9.3. So what does that mean? That means that if I stand there with the tornador black and just hold the trigger forever that it will use up 9.3 cubic feet of air every minute while blowing 90psi. If I have a 9.3 cubic foot tank it will take one minute before I lose that 90psi and I have to let the tank refill. If I have a compressor that is only rated at 4.5 cfm at 90 psi (the tank is still 9.3) that means it will only blow 90psi for 30 seconds before the compressor kicks back on and I have to refill. So what if I have a 4.5cfm at 90psi compressor with a 10 gallon tank? well Ill get a few minutes or more of sustained pressure before Im empty and the tanks has to refill. Again thats if Im just holding the trigger down forever. The tool still works.

Having a compressor that blows 90psi at 10cfm means basically that I can stand there till the end of time holding the trigger and I will never lose power or have down time while using this tool. The compressor will kick on every now and then depending on the size of the tank but I will NOT lose power.

We dont use this tool "always on" so while you are wiping or whatever the compressor will be refilling your tank. You can get a compressor with at LEAST a 10 gal tank and have a rating of 4.5 CFM and you will be able to use this tool the way its intended just fine.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a LOT of misinformation about this tool and air compressors in general. I compiled a list of quotes on another thread of MANY people that have this tool and how they worked around the CFM requirements. Im going to try my best to explain a few things and help some people out.

There are different variables with this set up and they all are not constant. You have PSI. The tool requires 90PSI to operate. Not more, not less. No problem. Most compressors, even pancake ones have a 125 or higher PSI rating. The tool consumes 9.3 (I think) cubic feet of air per minute. For this purpose lets just say 9.3. So what does that mean? That means that if I stand there with the tornador black and just hold the trigger forever that it will use up 9.3 cubic feet of air every minute while blowing 90psi. If I have a 9.3 cubic foot tank it will take one minute before I lose that 90psi and I have to let the tank refill. If I have a compressor that is only rated at 4.5 cfm at 90 psi (the tank is still 9.3) that means it will only blow 90psi for 30 seconds before the compressor kicks back on and I have to refill. So what if I have a 4.5cfm at 90psi compressor with a 10 gallon tank? well Ill get a few minutes or more of sustained pressure before Im empty and the tanks has to refill. Again thats if Im just holding the trigger down forever. The tool still works.

Having a compressor that blows 90psi at 10cfm means basically that I can stand there till the end of time holding the trigger and I will never lose power or have down time while using this tool. The compressor will kick on every now and then depending on the size of the tank but I will NOT lose power.

We dont use this tool "always on" so while you are wiping or whatever the compressor will be refilling your tank. You can get a compressor with at LEAST a 10 gal tank and have a rating of 4.5 CFM and you will be able to use this tool the way its intended just fine.
    Kris,

I would pay money to see you even TRY to explain that to this dizzy chick: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdYTj5CChaA[/video]

Check it out lmao
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Duh
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

So how much do I have to spend to run a tornador classic or black model?

Anyone have any models they like? I would like to keep it under $350 is that possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Kris, What ever happened with your compressor for CD.com? Did it run the Torndaor Black? I'm still thinking of getting one to replace my original but wanna make sure my 8 gal 3.9 cfm @90 can handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a 20-30 gal Husky compressor from home depot on sale from 199 down to 169. That's what I bought. It's 4.3cfm at 90psi. It takes
    About 3-5 minutes to fill up to the 125 psi. I set it to 90psi and it works fine. It runs down with continuous use but I've done a dozen cars with it and it works fine for mobile detailing.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We love our regular tornador at out shop, but we tried out the black and for the price difference and a few other minor annoyances we sent the black back...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast