autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hand Applied Wash, Polish and Wax Products?

I'd like recommendations for good hand applied products for my Acura TL. I'm also wondering if home made car wash mixtures are any good?

I'm considering following the wax with a coat of "Liquid Glass" and am curious as to why this product is no longer carried at Auto Geek?

Thanks,

Jon

Mike Phillips

Re: Hand Applied Wash, Polish and Wax Products?

Quote Originally Posted by jerlands View Post

I'd like recommendations for good hand applied products for my Acura TL.
    Check out this article...

How to clay, clean and wax paint by hand with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax

Outside in natural light, it looks like the Pinnacle Signature Series II Paste Wax is floating over the paint... not bad for a simple approach anyone can do in their garage by hand...

I'm also wondering if home made car wash mixtures are any good?
    I'll let someone else take this one...

I'm considering following the wax with a coat of "Liquid Glass" and am curious as to why this product is no longer carried at Auto Geek?

Thanks,

Jon
    I never asked anyone why we dropped it but my guess it was due to lack of sales.

The main product, Liquid Glass, was a one-step cleaner/wax, it wasn't marketed like that but it states it will clean, polish and seal the paint in one step and that's what cleaner/waxes do. That's not a negative against it or for it, just saying that's what it is. Point being if you use any type of pre-cleaner to prepare the surface for wax in most cases you would use a "finishing wax", not a "cleaner/wax".

See my article here,

The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax
    Subtitle: How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project

I actually have a antique can of Liquid Glass in my antique wax collection...

Vintage Liquid Glass Pictures

Jimmy Buff-it, a friend of mine and a Pro Detailer in Indianapolis sent me this vintage can of Liquid Glass for my antique car wax collection.

My son wanted to see what it looked like under a Black Light...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike,

I should have also stated I was interested in durable, long lasting finish for everyday road use.. so I was thinking a polymer wax... something that will provide max protection.. more important for me than the shine.

The main product, Liquid Glass, was a one-step cleaner/wax, it wasn't marketed like that but it states it will clean, polish and seal the paint in one step and that's what cleaner/waxes do. That's not a negative against it or for it, just saying that's what it is. Point being if you use any type of pre-cleaner to prepare the surface for wax in most cases you would use a "finishing wax", not a "cleaner/wax".
    I understand now.. I've heard raves about this product's hard finish but I think now I'll polish then use a (polymer) finishing wax for a little extra depth if that'd do.

Jon

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike,

I should have also stated I was interested in durable, long lasting finish for everyday road use.. so I was thinking a polymer wax... something that will provide max protection.. more important for me than the shine.

I understand now.. I've heard raves about this product's hard finish but I think now I'll polish then use a (polymer) finishing wax for a little extra depth if that'd do.

Jon

Here's a truck I buffed out and coated with Poli-Coat, it sits outside 24 x 7 because... well because it has too...

Every time I see it the paint is still looking great. In fact I saw the truck just last weekend while working on my project truck and it's still looking great.

Frequent car care equals fast and easy car care...

On Autogeek.net

DP Poli-Coat

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the vid's and the great info.

Jon