autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealerership Responsible?

Call the District Rep
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Tell them you want them to call Autogeek for the supplies to correct it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog shine View Post
    Tell them you want them to call Autogeek for the supplies to correct it.
    Better yet , have them join and read the entire post!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any luck getting anything from the dealerships in this area. Normally it's just here is a free oil change or some other free service that I typically don't want.

I always hang signs in my car and ensure the service rep I deal with knows that I don't want it washed.

I would definitely let the service manager know and ensure they have a note in your file of your compliant.

Other than that dealerships I swear just don't care about their customers. Once your out that door with your car all the caring goes with it!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue right after i bought my car i noticed a leak, brought to bmw... they checked it out then washed it.... swirled the heck out if it .... i complained on the spot...they didnt care, got an email survey, i complained... service manager called offering apologies, then district manager called offering apologies and "when you return call me directly ill make sure you are taken care of" but i was already turned off by the lack of giveadam by the floor people i wont be returning.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post

So my question, is there any way to get the dealership to pay for a detail?

Most the people that work at dealerships have no clue as to how "we" think about the finish on our cars.

Seriously, you would think they have a clue but take my word for it they don't. They think swirls are an appearance feature that showcases the body lines of the car.

This article I wrote completely explains everything...

The difference between a swirl and squirrel

For clarification...

This is a Squirrel

These are Swirls

Whatever you do...

DON'T give them a chance to make it right by detailing your car. There are only "Horror Stories" about the quality of work done at dealerships, I for the life of me cannot think of a single thread on any forum where a person took their car back to let the dealership fix a problem they caused that turned out right.

If you can get some money out of them to pay an independent detailer to undo their damage go for it. Having great before pictures of your car and now "after" pictures after they washed it would be powerful.

Showing them this thread might help...

Good luck to you... hate reading horror stories like this...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. My intention is to give them a call today. I am going to approach them nicely and see what happens. An angry call will never get anything accomplished. Just want to explain my position. I don't have high expectations of getting anything, but will give it a shot.

I understand the intention was good, but unfortunately the outcome was far from good. I will keep you guys updated if I get anything from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post
    Thanks for the response. My intention is to give them a call today. I am going to approach them nicely and see what happens. An angry call will never get anything accomplished. Just want to explain my position. I don't have high expectations of getting anything, but will give it a shot.

I understand the intention was good, but unfortunately the outcome was far from good. I will keep you guys updated if I get anything from them.
    Being nice with these clowns will get you nothing but a free oil change
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would go up there in person

Its easier for someone to say NO over the phone then it is in person

You "gotta" be firm dealing with these ppl. If not, they'll have you apologizing to them before its all over with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If I were you I would go up there in person

Its easier for someone to say NO over the phone then it is in person

You "gotta" be firm dealing with these ppl. If not, they'll have you apologizing to them before its all over with
    I agree. Don't barge in their and start demanding but be firm with the fact that you would like to be compensated for something like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12