autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about cquartz application

So i just received my order of Cquartz. Can this be applied to the whole vehicle, wait and remove. or do i have to do this panels at a time. It is a small vehicle...a VW GTI. Also the temp is rather cold here, but i will be using a portable heater to warm up the garage as much as i can.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about cquartz application

Quote Originally Posted by fast01gt View Post
    So i just received my order of Cquartz. Can this be applied to the whole vehicle, wait and remove. or do i have to do this panels at a time. It is a small vehicle...a VW GTI. Also the temp is rather cold here, but i will be using a portable heater to warm up the garage as much as i can.
    Consult CQuartz.com for drying times vs temperature. Longer is better than too short, especially in cold temps! You could literally leave it on an hour in colder temps. Did you get the kit with the block and the mf? I hope so as that is the most effecient way to apply it. Your bottle will do paint, glass, trim, wheels and probably enough left to do the leading edge and the hood again, if you're using the mf and block system. Wait an hour in between coats if you do have enough to do a 2nd one. don't let it sit as long on glass either. 10 minutes max. It cures quickly on glass.
    Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about cquartz application

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Consult CQuartz.com for drying times vs temperature. Longer is better than too short, especially in cold temps! You could literally leave it on an hour in colder temps. Did you get the kit with the block and the mf? I hope so as that is the most effecient way to apply it. Your bottle will do paint, glass, trim, wheels and probably enough left to do the leading edge and the hood again, if you're using the mf and block system. Wait an hour in between coats if you do have enough to do a 2nd one. don't let it sit as long on glass either. 10 minutes max. It cures quickly on glass.
    Hope that helps

I apply it to the entire vehicle then let it cure for about 45 minutes (when temp is 60-70 degrees F). Be SURE to give it enough time to cure before trying to wipe it off!!! After it is properly cured it will wipe of effortlessly, be sure to wipe gently, that's all that will be needed!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu