autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

In need of a little help. a bit confused

Hi, my summer was rather empty of detailing beside a 2008 civic, a 2003 civic which were wash & wax and a 2005 RSX which was a complete scratch swirl removal .

Now come the confusion, I have 5 jobs scheduled to go in between my normal job working hours (work 7 days a week + school) . The winter is almost here we have those nice 5 degree celcius temp with chilly wind and not much sunlight. I have a rotary and a griots polisher , some local compound/polishes,meguiars ultimate compound, optimum aio and finish + some meguiars pro line. I dont know which product to use with these temperature, i need to work fast or else my hands get real cold or otherwise I am missing time .

the jobs are not big pretty much only swirl removal the cars are ; 2010 pearl white nissan juke ,2009 deepwater blue hyundai santa fe, 2011 sport blue ford ranger, 2011 razzberry Fiesta, 2006 purple-blue chevrolet aveo

exterior only jobs there, the aveo is the most demanding job due to the current state of the car !

nb: anyone has a trick to fill paint chips in these temps with the horrible dealer paint which is almost translucent ((for my car, lime green 2011 fiesta)

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In need of a little help. a bit confused

only advice i can give you is to do a test spot. this might sound time consuming in the beginning, but you will understand why it is critical for the whole correction process.

Post Thanks / Like

you need a garage with some nice hot halogen work lights and a propane heater

also, if they are buddies, maybe you could ask them to take the cars to the touchless wash (basic wash only) before they bring the car over or before you get there?

Then you can just do a quick ONR spot clean before you start claying. On the topic of clay, I recently tried Griots and it stayed nice and soft at around 10C ambient temp.

You can also wear some nitrile gloves under some mf mitts or other cloth gloves (have a couple pair so you can switch to dry ones to use with the buffer). Should insulate you from the cold a bit.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Man you've gotta find a heated garage to work in or you'll go nuts. It's worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a garage but I don't have the funds for the heater, the electrician and 240 V line themselves are damn expensive. The only other heated garage i have is too far away to efficiently display my time schedule so I have to work outside or in the non heated garage, propane heater is out of the question, one of my buddy passed away because of one of those !