autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Paint Chip Repair, Dr. Colorchip?

Hi All,

I have a bit of "road rash" (paint chips) on the hood and front bumper. The Vegas area is constantly under construction and gravel etc abounds!

I want to repair the rash and have been doing research. I could go to a paint shop, but it's my daily driver (only driver actually) and I don't want to be without her for days and have to rent a car during the work.

I found the Dr. Colorchip System and it sounds great. Ability to work fast and do the entire are within a couple hours.

Does anyone have experience with this system?

I've heard (here) that the Langka system is difficult and very time-consuming.

Are there any other paint chip repair systems that you can recommend? With honest pictures of the work?

Hoping,

Peace,

Tam

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like its the same stuff as touchup123.com which I am going to order for my road rash

I will let you know how it works out for me, but right now i dont know much about it, I just cant do the traditional method of paint then wetsand or langka each chip because my road rash chips are very very tiny and very numerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231
    Sounds like its the same stuff as touchup123.com which I am going to order for my road rash

I will let you know how it works out for me, but right now i dont know much about it, I just cant do the traditional method of paint then wetsand or langka each chip because my road rash chips are very very tiny and very numerous.

I tryed the 123 system.....works well.....just make sure the area is clean and somewhat dust free...if the cars a metallic as mine , a little patience is involved, straight non metallic colors are easier.....

good luck......

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    I tryed the 123 system.....works well.....just make sure the area is clean and somewhat dust free...if the cars a metallic as mine , a little patience is involved, straight non metallic colors are easier.....

good luck......
    Bill and Ron123 - Thanks for the response! I checked and the Touchup123 system seems much more straightforward. The thing I was wary about at the Dr. Colorchip site is that they don't give the specifics on application until after you've purchased the product. Which seemed almost a bit shady.

And the 123 system gives twice the amount of paint (toner) with more options for the exact same price.
    I'll be ordering the 123 system.

Thanks again! I'll also be taking before and after photos.

Peace,

Tam