autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MF for rinseless drying phase

Hi

Can u guys tells me what kind of microfiber u use to dry when rinseless washing?

I have two guzzlers, but since rinseless seems to dirty up sponges/MFs i was wondering if These would ruin my guzzlers which i usually reserve for drying a clean car.

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF for rinseless drying phase

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    Hi

Can u guys tells me what kind of microfiber u use to dry when rinseless washing?

I have two guzzlers, but since rinseless seems to dirty up sponges/MFs i was wondering if These would ruin my guzzlers which i usually reserve for drying a clean car.

Just wash them out after your done.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Rinseless washes are a great product especially for those of us in the North during a long cold snowy winter.

When I wash I thoroughly wash each panel then a final wash to ensure that as much dirt and debris as possible ends up on the ground. This seems to minimize the dirt transfer but as Ron mentioned, wash them and you should be good to go...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally use ww towels. I think your paint should be clean before you dry though. If you get a dirty drying towel then you need to clean better first. You should make a pattern to your cleaning method and always use that so you will not miss spots when washing

Last time I tried something different and used a gold cobra towel that I put in the clean solution and rant it out. After I washed with my normal method I follows up with the damp gold towel and it dried the panel very well.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Mothers Foam Core Drying MFs and blot dry ONR. If you washed right, the MF wont get dirty enough to worry about damage!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I use all purpose small (16X16). I just keep wringing them out. If they look a little soiled I take them inside for a rinse in the sink; wring them out again; back in play. Whatever is in the rinseless takes out dirt under a clear rinse. They usually look like they have just been washed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I normally use ww towels. I think your paint should be clean before you dry though. As Twister says, if you get a dirty drying towel then you need to clean better first. You should make a pattern to your cleaning method and always use that so you will not miss spots when washing.
    I learned this a long time ago from someone on another forum (thanks Bence!). When you dry from a rinseless wash you should be drying a clean car. If your drying towel comes up dirty you need to wash better, it may take several passes if the car is very dirty. Just like a regular wash, you wash until the car is clean, then you dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I learned this a long time ago from someone on another forum (thanks Bence!). When you dry from a rinseless wash you should be drying a clean car. If your drying towel comes up dirty you need to wash better, it may take several passes if the car is very dirty. Just like a regular wash, you wash until the car is clean, then you dry.
    I agree - I don't pick up dirt in my drying towel when doing rinseless washes. As Setec has said, you need to make more passes with your wash mitt to ensure that the car is clean before drying.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

ok guys. thx for all the advice. ill make sure to wash thoroughly and use my guzzler supreme ww. whenever i dry, i find that whenever my drying towel gets contaminated its from the crevices and nooks and crannies where the water collects but gets neglected by the wash media during the wash phase.

if i have time ill be giving my new DP WNG a try today in the garage as the season is turning here now.

i also like the idea of using spray detailer to aid in drying. ill give that a shot too.

thx again!