autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation To Zaino or Not to Zaino, that is my question!

Just purchased a brand new Dodge Ram Outdoorsman Quad Cab in White! I am an old Zaino user, but I haven't used the stuff in several years. Looking at it now, it appears that I would have to by some sort of kit with accelerator, etc. to get started on it again. Just looks like a pain in the arse to be honest, and I want to find a replacement product. I want something that was as easy to apply and wipe off as zaino Z1 and Z2 used to be. I apply and buff off by hand, and will continue to do so. I also like the fact that it didn't turn white on the black plastic. Something that goes on thin like zaino did, but straight out of the bottle without any mixing, etc.

So where do I turn to? What to buy right now that is easy to apply and use? or do i just stick witht he zaino? Zaino did do a good job at protecting for at least 6 months.
    I see all these other brands of product, and I haven't heard of any of them before so I'm a little lost (besides the walmart stock products).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: To Zaino or Not to Zaino, that is my question!

You can always use Z-2 or Z-5 without the Z-FX flash cure accelerator. Zaino is still a very good product. Many people think the Duragloss products are comparable, and many use the DG 601 Polish Bonding Agent with it (think Z-1).

There's a lot of great products. One Zaino product you may have missed, which doesn't require any mixing, is the Z-CS Clear Seal, which is a WOWA (wipe on, walk away). These products have been introduced within the last 5 years, so if you haven't been in the loop since Z-1 was available, you may not have heard about them. Similar products available here are Optimum Opti-Seal and Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

The beauty of the WOWA products is they are clear, you can use them on everything, no staining. Won't last quite as long as Z-FX'd Z-2 or Z-5, and won't have as strong beading (which might be a good thing).

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You can always use Z-2 or Z-5 without the Z-FX flash cure accelerator. Zaino is still a very good product. Many people think the Duragloss products are comparable, and many use the DG 601 Polish Bonding Agent with it (think Z-1).

There's a lot of great products. One Zaino product you may have missed, which doesn't require any mixing, is the Z-CS Clear Seal, which is a WOWA (wipe on, walk away). These products have been introduced within the last 5 years, so if you haven't been in the loop since Z-1 was available, you may not have heard about them. Similar products available here are Optimum Opti-Seal and Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

The beauty of the WOWA products is they are clear, you can use them on everything, no staining. Won't last quite as long as Z-FX'd Z-2 or Z-5, and won't have as strong beading (which might be a good thing).

Just read about the Duragloss 601 and 111. The price is right, and they say it gives a "wet look". I always loved the wet look about the Zaino. I have to admit, budget is a point I should have made as well in my original post.

Can Duragloss be layered like Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK94Z View Post
    Just read about the Duragloss 601 and 111. The price is right, and they say it gives a "wet look". I always loved the wet look about the Zaino. I have to admit, budget is a point I should have made as well in my original post.

Can Duragloss be layered like Zaino?
    Sure. Better to use the 601 if you are going to do that. They are very similar products, I would give the edge to Zaino, but I typically use Z-FX with it. Others would argue they get the same results. There is also some disagreement about whether the "best" DG LSP is 111 or 105. I have both but I really haven't used them enough to form an opinion between them, but the 105 bottle is twice the size! 501 is also a really nice product. You may even be able to find the DG stuff locally and save on shipping, and they have flat rate shipping if you buy direct.

Also if you liked the Z-6 QD you'll like the DG Fast Clean & Shine, if you've used Z-8, you'll find DG AquaWax similar although perhaps diluted, and you'll find the Duragloss car wash to be very nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

To my eyes, DG601+DG111 gives that old Zaino look. You either love it or hate it, but its a unique, in your face, laminated plastic type look. Z2 Pro looks very different to me.

That said, on that big of a truck, especially in white, I'd go with Optiseal or for durability, 845IW.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    To my eyes, DG601+DG111 gives that old Zaino look. You either love it or hate it, but its a unique, in your face, laminated plastic type look. Z2 Pro looks very different to me.

That said, on that big of a truck, especially in white, I'd go with Optiseal or for durability, 845IW.
    Love the old Zaino look. I had a red Z28 back in 98-02 that looked like it had wet red paint after a Zaino treatment.

I will check out the Optiseal too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Funny, isn't it? How the DG stuff seems to be like the older Z...or do you think 105 looks like Z-2 or Z-5 Pro?

Post Thanks / Like

grab a bottle of Menzernas Powerlock and be done with it. Two coats if you want. Rejex is another durable sealant like Zaino.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I think Zaino is some of the best stuff out there but I just cant find the time to go through the process. If I was single with no kids it would be different, but I just dont have free weekends like some people do.

Post Thanks / Like

To answer your specific question........NOT TO!
    {Unless, of course, you want to do so.}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast