autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Static QD?

Post Thanks / Like

Anti-Static QD?

So I'm sick and tired of this AZ dust clinging to my cars. It's easy enough to use the duster or QD before a trip but this tends to get annoying (to my wife anyways,lol). Is there any QD's that have Anti-Static properties that work? What would be the best choice and how long would the product actually last? I've researched this topic but couldn't really find good user testimony. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anti-Static QD?

I don't think a QD will solve your problem. It is the environment we live in, with little if any moisture in the air around here it tends to be a dusty place.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

FK claims theirs is. Mostly anything that is slick will help. FK works, so does XMT final finish and CG sythetic QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like FK #425

Post Thanks / Like

Fk #425
    Trade:PoliCoat=Unused,DPHPGlassRestorer=Unused,For everBlack=Unused,Klasse HGS=Unused PBWheelSealant=Used 2Xdouble coat app Lookingfor:IronX,303 Protect, 6" Pads

Post Thanks / Like

FK425 will help.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I think 146 from FinishKare does also ...its a bit more crisp and reflective over 425.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you try using a cloth baby diaper instead of a microfiber towel to remove the qd with? It shouldn't create the static charge that you get with a microfiber.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have to concur with everyone regarding FK 425 !! I recently got the 128 oz bottle ........ luuuv it that much !!

Post Thanks / Like

LINK REMOVED : SEARCH GRIOTS GARAGE

{Sorry for the above link, I couldn't find these towels in the AGO store...remove if deemed necessary}

100% Cotton Buffing Cloths, Set of 10
    Diapers Are For Poo-Poo Only! Soft, All Cotton Cloths For A Safer Way To Remove Wax & Polish
    Surprise! There is polyester in your "100% Cotton" diapers! Where? The two seams running through the middle and the outside binding are made of a polyester based thread! I've always stayed away from diapers because polyester can scratch your paint. Diapers are great for babies, but I have a better solution. Our Buffing Cloths are truly 100% Cotton. The cotton is woven from much longer yarns, making them softer and practically lint-free. With no stitching running through the middle, they are bound with 100% cotton thread. Be assured this is the finest cotton cloth available to remove polish and wax from your paint. Perfect for use with Speed Shine®, too. The 19" x 19" size is perfect for folding into quarters and buffing out wax for better clarity. Machine washable so they are kind to the environment and your wallet, too! Comes to you in a nice set of ten.

Speed Shine:
    Griot's Garage Speed Shine Detailer is a quick detailer and spray and wipe cleaner for speedy detailing any time. Remove dust, fingerprints, and light dirt to maintain a clean, brilliant shine between washes. Griot's Garage Speed Shine Detailer is the easiest way to clean and shine auto paint!

I use these for:

1.) Mike Phillips' "Final Wipe" process...seems like there is less 'static-cling' imparted.

2.) With QD of ones choice. For what's underlined above.

When using a QD and towel of choice for 'wiping down' purposes (IMO, regardless what you use) there is a very good chance that some level of "scratching" may occur.

Note: There are 100% cotton baby diapers out there, hard to find, though. Babies 'R' Us used to carry them. Macy's also.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast