autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tires still brown after scrubbing...

This is how well ARO works: Watch the brown seap onto the pavement before a brush ever touches it. I'll be buying some zep and bleach white soon and then I can really compare! Enjoy the music

Video: Preparation of Tire

This is taken from my PERL review: Review: CarPro PERL

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

just for what it's worth

I rarely put dressing on my tires, and I rarely have to scrub them to keep them black.
    I have found it is more work to keep them looking nice with dressings applied. I am a fan of westley's bleeche white also. It is a great product along with purple power citrus cleaner on the rubber and rims.
    I only add a light dressing if I take the truck out to a show.
    also I do not want to degrade the natural properties of the rubber tire
    enjoy life while you can

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the replies guys. For the moment, I am going to try and use what I have on hand to see if it will work (PB's APC at 1:1). I think I also have some Meg's Citri-Gel still laying around in the garage somewhere that I might also try.

What I have been doing up until now works well on my tires, just not so good on the wife's this time around. If neither the stronger dilution of PB's or Meg's work, then I might look into the Westley's since I can get it easily locally. Just trying to somewhat keep the product arsenal down cuz I have a lot of 1/2 empty bottles in the garage....

Thanks,
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    Just trying to somewhat keep the product arsenal down cuz I have a lot of 1/2 empty bottles in the garage....l
    Yeah, use up the stuff you have before your shelves look like mine...you might even try that Pb's APC full strength, just wet the wheels with water first in case you get any overspray on them while you are doing the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

So I was at the auto store over the weekend and looked for Westley's Bleche White. I guess Black Magic bought them out because that is the only Bleche White that I found.

Ayway, after reading all of the warnings on the back I decided not to try it out. The fact that you shouldn't get it on paint, certain rims, etc. kinda put me off. Not that I just spray cleaner all over the place when I clean the tires, but I prefer something that I can spray on the tires and rims without concern of possibly ruining the rims. I have read that some people with chrome wheels have no problems, but with my clearcoated and painted rims I would prefer to err on the side of caution with a cleaner.

I did start to try and use my PB's APC 2:1 (or 1:1, I forget...) on the wife's tires but I hadn't even finished one tire yesterday before the rain started coming down for the next few hours.... Maybe this weekend I can try again. I might get some ARO to try, just want to be sure it is also safe for wheels.

-Neil

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Bleche White on both clear coated rims and painted wheels. Never had any damage to the finish. For more than 25 years. They have to put a proviso on the back to avoid liability for careless use of the product. If you know how to use a garden hose, this stuff is completely safe.

You will damage the rubber by the time you have it on there long enough to penetrate paint on a wheel.

However, you can use a number of common household products to clean the rubber and they won't damage paint, but you still have to make sure you rinse any painted surfaces thoroughly, just as you would with Bleche White. The problem is that the strong cleaners are not good if not rinsed completely from painted surfaces.
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    So I was at the auto store over the weekend and looked for Westley's Bleche White. I guess Black Magic bought them out because that is the only Bleche White that I found.

Ayway, after reading all of the warnings on the back I decided not to try it out. The fact that you shouldn't get it on paint, certain rims, etc. kinda put me off. Not that I just spray cleaner all over the place when I clean the tires, but I prefer something that I can spray on the tires and rims without concern of possibly ruining the rims. I have read that some people with chrome wheels have no problems, but with my clearcoated and painted rims I would prefer to err on the side of caution with a cleaner.

I did start to try and use my PB's APC 2:1 (or 1:1, I forget...) on the wife's tires but I hadn't even finished one tire yesterday before the rain started coming down for the next few hours.... Maybe this weekend I can try again. I might get some ARO to try, just want to be sure it is also safe for wheels.

-Neil
    Yes, safe for wheels. Just don't let it dry. Also does seem to be rough on the paint of hubcaps since they are much different than normal car paint and surfaces. Rims are fine though.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I like Dave's idea of using your favorite apc then powerwashing. It seems powerwashing alone could help. In conjunction with a good cleaner such as the bleche-white, ARO, or the cleaner Dave mentioned, the addition of a powerwasher could just take all the work out of it completely.

I like that idea Dave.
    Bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234