autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Questions about Collinite 845

Hey guys, I'm going to be applying 845 to my car and my girl friends car in a couple weeks to help get them for winter. I've never used this product and was wondering if you guys have any tips. Also would you guys recommend applying it by its self? I was thinking about applying it over Menzerna Powerlock. I've read to apply it very thin so I'm going to try my best at that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Shawn
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Questions about Collinite 845

I usually use 845 as a stand alone lsp. Apply VERY THIN....it doesn't take much product to do a whole vehical.

You say you have never used before,and it will still be hot and humid in the next few weeks ( i find 845 sensitive to humidity) so I would ally to 2 panels say hood then mabey roof then go remove from hood then apply to another then remove from roof and so on.....make sense?

hope this helps ,good luck and enjoy !
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Shake it!Shake it good!Shake it till your arm falls of!

Then shake it a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    Shake it!Shake it good!Shake it till your arm falls of!

Then shake it a bit more.
    Ted,

You forgot to tell him he needs to shake it, Then Shake it ....Then don't forget to shake it ... Then he had better remeber to shake it real goodAnd the last thing he needs to do is Shake it one last time
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

When Collinite 845 is in a "creamy" state I'll squirt 4 dime size globs 90 degrees apart and about 3/4" in from the pads outer edge. Use a Red foam pad and set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the finish, and switch it on.

With only the weight of the polisher, move the machine in a criss-cross pattern to ensure full coverage. The pattern isn't quite as important however complete coverage is.

As you begin to spread the product around you'll see the tell-tale line where the wax has been applied and the bear paint, much like applying it by hand. Keep pushing the product further and further because you're trying to achieve a thin coat and making it a breeze to remove.

It'll take you less than 1 minute to get the hang of applying this with a machine and it's so easy you'll be wondering why you didn't apply it this way before..

So you're thinking of applying Collinite 845 over Menzerna Power Lock huh? I just love this combination. Remember to let the sealant cure at least 12 hours before applying the Collinite 845....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Shade! Cool paint! Shake, shake some more, thin coat, haze, wipe. (don't ask me how I know).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help guys! I noticed 845 was a little thin so I shook it for about a minute and still pretty watery. Guess I'll get my girlfriend to shake it while I'm washing the car lol I was planing to use my 5.5 LC Red pads to apply with my PCXP. I usually don't have a garage to work in so I talked to my grandpa and he's gonna let me use his for a few days Thanks again!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys! I noticed 845 was a little thin so I shook it for about a minute and still pretty watery. Guess I'll get my girlfriend to shake it while I'm washing the car lol I was planing to use my 5.5 LC Red pads to apply with my PCXP. I usually don't have a garage to work in so I talked to my grandpa and he's gonna let me use his for a few days Thanks again!
    It's supposed to be watery. That's why you keep shaking it You will notice that if it's colder or it sits for a while it turns pastey. Be careful when you poor it because it will be like pouring milk onto the pad. Like everyone suggested, once the pad is primed, a little goes a long way.
    As far as Powerlock topped with collinite that's a great combination. BobbyG suggested it to me and I am very happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shawn,

My shop is in Hebron which is like 15 minutes from you. You are more than welcome to come to my garage and I will show you how to apply and help you get your cars complete. PM me and Ill give you my phone number.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Like Bobby G said, 845 over Power Lock is a great combo. It's what I use on my RAV4. The PL is just starting to dull after 7 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast