autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you charge for this??

Quick question for you guys. I had a customer come in today that owns a company with quite a few vehicles. Some of them being 10 wheelers. Here is a picture of one of them...

Now, say you were going to do a full detail on one of these 10 wheelers (just one). Not a 3-step. A wash, clay, and either an AIO buff, or possibly a 1-step polish with sealant (depending what I can sell him on). Also doing the interior obviously.

What would you charge for this job?

Bear in mind he has more than just these 10 wheelers, he's got multiple F-150 type vehicles, and some personal vehicles. On top of that, he's providing me with shelter, electric, and water.

I have an idea of what I want to charge in my head for these 10 wheelers...but I'm interested to see what you guys think. I'm not going to say my number, cause I don't want it influencing your decision. What do you think????

I just want to make sure I give the customer, and myself a fair price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you charge for this??

$350 sounds fair for a 1 step with an AIO on the exterior and cleaning up the interior. Does he want you to polish the aluminum and chrome as well?
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    $350 sounds fair for a 1 step with an AIO on the exterior and cleaning up the interior. Does he want you to polish the aluminum and chrome as well?
    I would agree with this unless he is wanting the aluminum and chrome looking it's best... then I would say $550...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

how the HELL would you get on top of that thing, the roof AND the tank? thats nice money and exercise to do that but in my opinion i think thats a bit of a waste only cause its a work truck. go like firefighters do and just wash them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    how the HELL would you get on top of that thing, the roof AND the tank? thats nice money and exercise to do that but in my opinion i think thats a bit of a waste only cause its a work truck. go like firefighters do and just wash them.
    Our fire apparatus and support vehicles get washed almost every day and waxed quarterly. I bring in the stuff I bought, tried and didn't like for my personnel to use on the vehicles we get assigned to clean and detail.
    2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD 2006 Ford Mustang GT 2009 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    Well he wants all the chrome done for sure. He wants the aluminum done as well, but he just wants it clean...not polished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    I don't think he's too concerned with the top. It's more of a costmetic thing to him. He wants his trucks to look good.

Post Thanks / Like

If my eyes don't deceive me, those are septic tank pump trucks. My price just went up considerably! But yeah, 3-350 is where I would be and that would be with the fleet discount. Poopy trucks...yuck!

Post Thanks / Like

you have a hazmat suit Kris?! that might be a nasty job.

i have never detailed a truck of this size. honestly wouldnt know where to start on price. people around here would look at me like i was crazy if i said $350.

the interior probably wouldnt be too bad if the floor isnt carpeted.

a pressure washer would be awesome to have (which i dont) for the outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    If my eyes don't deceive me, those are septic tank pump trucks. My price just went up considerably! But yeah, 3-350 is where I would be and that would be with the fleet discount. Poopy trucks...yuck!
    I guess it just comes down to how much work he's gonna bring me. I was thinking of charging him $550 for the 10 wheelers, and discounting the rest. That way I ensure that he doesn't disappear after these 10 wheelers are done...and if he does, I got my money anyways. And yes, these are poop haulers for sure, ha. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to smell poop the whole time...I hope not, or else this deal might be off, ha.

I don't think I would take this job for $350. It's just too much work for that amount IMO. I can make $350 doing much smaller, easier, quicker, and poopless jobs, lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast