autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

need help with product choice

So I just finished another detail on my altima. And I was looking at it and I decided I want to ad a few more steps to jazz it up that extra bit.

What I want to do is clean my wheel wells and maybe apply a dressing to darken it. It looks kind of silly having everything spotless but having dirty wheel wells.

I also want to clean my engine. It was nice and clean when I bought the car 24k miles ago, and now its quite dirty. I do have a pressure washer already. Whate should I use to clean it?

And I know this has been discussed to no end. But for the cowling(?), the plastic shroud between hood and windshield is kind of faded. Should I go with a product like forever black and dye it? Or should I go with something like black wow, black again, UTTG and re-apply at every wash? Would either of these products work on the black(painted?) window trim?
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help with product choice

I have read a lot about Megs Hyper Dressing is great on wheelwells.
    UTTG will probably be the consensus for the trim.
    Dave

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an altima as well. I really enjoy that car, glad I got the V6, its pretty fun for a family cruzer!

For your wheel wells, clean with an APC and apply some type of dressing. I use CG bare bones, Megs all season dressing, or megs Hyper dressing, all work well. If you dont have any of those use whatever spray you have.

Are your back wells lines with a carpet type material? I spray those with a fabric protectant ever few washes.

To clean engines I dont use a pressure washer. To much water being forced into places I dont want it. Give it a quick rinse, then spray APC. Let it dwell for a little while, then attack with various brushes to get the heavy stuff. Apply dressing, megs hyper dressing works great under the hood as well.

For the cowling if you have UTTG apply that, you wont need to apply again for at least a few months.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is an 05 with the V6 as well! The VQ is a great engine. Love the torque.

I dont have any APC actually. So is megs all season/hyper dressing just a tire dressing?

I do have TW Wet & Black that Im currently using for my tires. Just spray that on the well liner?

And I have no idea what you mean by the carpet material so I must not have it haha. Both front and rear wheel wells are just a chunk of plastic.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Does yours have the CVT?
    Any troubles?

If you can find Super clean or purple power locally that will work well on your engine and wells.

Im not familar with tw, if you can spray it, it will work.
    The megs products are dressings yes, all season is solvent base so it lasts a little longer in rain, but you dont want to use that under the hood. Hyper dressing is water based, doesnt last as long in the weather.

The liner must be in the newer ones. Kind of annoying actually, in the fall it gets covered in leaves, but Im sure its there to cut down on road noise. Not sure why else they would use them.

Post Thanks / Like

No CVT, those are only in the 07+ I do believe. I have the 5speed auto and its been rock solid.

Yeah, its a spray. And I do have some purple power laying around actually. I would have never thought to use it for my car. That stuff is strong, wouldnt harm any engine components?
    Jacob