autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Spray Wax & Megs Ultimate Quik Spray

Hey All,

Washed and waxed (with the Pinnacle Liquid Souverän™ Spray Wax) yesterday, and wanted to know if it's 'safe' to spray that wax again after my next car wash in a few weeks. Or is it better to go with the Megs Ultimate Quik Spray in between?

Car: 2011 BMW X3 - Alpine White

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Spray Wax & Megs Ultimate Quik Spray

it is safe but there won't be much left after a few weeks.

I don't understand the alternative though, Meg Ultimate Quik Detailer? in btw what? washes?

The only time I spray and wipe anything (wax/detailer/sealant) on my car is after a wash.

I may spray some ONR and wipe to get some dust off the car if it's been in the garage after a wash and has not been driven yet, but it's just not worth it to me to wipe anything on a car that has not been washed.

You can do it and it probably won't be too noticable on a white car, but once you own a black car you will understand what I'm talking about.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, after washes. Is it better to spray the souveran every 2 weeks after a wash or should I alternate? 1st wash -souveran, 2nd wash - Megs Quik Spray, 3rd wash - souveran etc

Mike Phillips

When was the last time you applied a normal application of a liquid or paste wax?

As to your question, you can pretty much use a spray-on wax as often as you like. Waxes and Paint Sealants tend to wear off via normal wear-n-tear and via micro-abrading when you wash or wipe your car clean, so it's okay to wax often.

Most spray waxes don't clean the paint like a cleaner/wax, so this means most spray-on waxes don't offer much or any cleaning ability in and of themselves so if your car is a daily driver, parked outside some or all of each day, then you might want to think about using a paint cleaner on it to ensure the surface is completely clean before applying any type of protective coating.

The benefits of a light paint cleaner, cleansing lotion or pre-wax cleaner

Or use a one-step cleaner/wax for your initial detailing session and then maintain using a spray-of wax.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Yes, after washes. Is it better to spray the Souveran every 2 weeks after a wash or should I alternate? 1st wash -Souveran, 2nd wash - Megs Quik Spray, 3rd wash - Souveran etc
    They are both the same "type" or category of product so you can use one or the other or both, it's really not an issue as far as safety goes.

Most spray waxes are a booster type product, that is the refresh that just waxed look without having to apply a normal coat of a liquid or a paste wax. They are best used to maintain the finish, not act as the only form of protection, for that use a normal application of a normal coat of wax or a paint sealant.

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings

How long will brand x car wax or paint sealant last?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thanks for the information.

I haven't waxed the car yet - it's a brand new car (3 months) and also because I am afraid of messing up the paint on the car, hence why I use the spray waxes.

So with that being said, what sort of things should I do to maintain the look of the paint and prolong the life of it?

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Read up on the proper way to wash and dry your car. It's probably where 85% of swirls and scratches come from.

To maintain that glass like feeling of the paint, read up on detailing clay.

If you want a spray wax that is durable enough on it's own then look at Optimum Car Wax
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    Read up on the proper way to wash and dry your car. It's probably where 85% of swirls and scratches come from.

To maintain that glass like feeling of the paint, read up on detailing clay.

If you want a spray wax that is durable enough on it's own then look at Optimum Car Wax
    This stuff? Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone

Is it really better than the Souveran Spray Wax? Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

Post Thanks / Like

yes and imo yes
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Alright. I just ordered the Souveran wax last week and will finish that, and then will order this stuff. I appreciate the recommendation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast