autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Foaming Tire/Wheel cleaner vs FX

My new favorite tire cleaner is Mothers foaming tire & wheel cleaner, I am amazed how much easier it is to use than any other tire cleaner I have tried, (Ive tried them all, Wesleys, ARO, Meguiars APC etc) yet how gentle is is on rims (my only beef with it is that the foaming action is kind of globby and I end up wasting alot more product than I need), so lately I have been applying sparingly and putting a little more elbow grease into it with a brush.

... Anyway, I am wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between their regular Foaming Tire & wheel cleaner vs their 'FX' foaming tire & wheel cleaner? Is the regular stuff just a consumer line and the FX a detailer line with a higher price? I assume there is some difference, just not sure what it might be seeing as the consumer line couldnt get much better. (...I emailed Mothers this question but havent received a reply in a week.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Foaming Tire/Wheel cleaner vs FX

Personally I think they both stink because,as you said, the cleaner slobbers out of the sprayer. The cleaning ability is good but there is just too much product waste for me. I'll use eagle one if I am shopping for an otc tire and rim cleaner it does a really nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Foaming Tire/Wheel cleaner vs FX

Quote Originally Posted by rvx290 View Post
    ... Anyway, I am wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between their regular Foaming Tire & wheel cleaner vs their 'FX' foaming tire & wheel cleaner?
    They are supposed to be the same products with different branding.

I tend to use it more sparingly than the directions indicate (do not saturate the tire/wheel as some do) and spread with a tire brush. Whatever it touches it cleans so I just be sure it has uniform contact.
    Al
    The Need to Bead