autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Related Warranties

What detailing services do you provide that you back with a warranty? How do you handle the claims and details of the warranty? Do you provide a written warranty or just verbal? Do you just offer short term only or long term warranties for services rendered? We have several different areas that may allow for this service such as headlamp restoration, touch up paint, paintless dent repair (PDR), odor removal, paint sealant application, etc.

With the recent stink people are raising over who charges what for products such as Opti-Coat/Opti-Guard and CQuartz, I'm curious to know if anyone offers a warranty with their application of products?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Related Warranties

My warranty ends when the customer says they are satisfied
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I no longer detail for income but when I did this is what I told an unsure customer......."If it doesn't exceed your expectations then it's free". I never once did one for free. Ballsy or confident? A bit of each I reckon. Other than that guarantee there was no implied warranty.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    My warranty ends when the customer says they are satisfied
    I'm similar to this. I let all of my customers know that if they find something I missed or something isn't up to par when they leave to call me right away and I'll make it right. Have yet to have a customer actually call me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever really offer a written warranty, however I let them know when I do headlight restos that if they yellow or get cloudy within 2 years that I will fix them for free (hasn't happened yet thanks to using a UV cured coating).

Now that I sell CQ and OC as a service I tell them how long they SHOULD last with PROPER maintinace, however I don't offer to do anything for free if they fail.

As for regular detailing services (cleaning, polishing, etc.) I don't see how you could really offer a warranty. There is no way really to tell if the customer is abusing their vehicle and just wants to get more work done for free. At least thats how I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

By any chance was your question directed toward damaging the customer's car?

A detail "shop" located on the bottom floor of my brokers underground parking lot does washed, waxes and a 'decent' detail job.
    But as I was leaving the parking lot last year I saw all the employees clustered around a car and wandered over to see what was going on. One of the employees had scraped a customers car on a post while driving it over to the completed car area. It was a LOT of damage. The car was a six month old top of the line Mercedes. The owner, who I had talked to before, said that their insurance would cover it. But it looked like about $18,000 in damage to him. The next time I saw him I asked him about the customer's reaction to the damage. he said he was amazed because the customer didn't seem to care very much. He was more concerned about having to waste time going to a rental agency to get a replacement while his was in the shop.
    Must be nice to be able to not go ballistic over something like that.
    It turned out that the front fascia, headlight, grill, front fender, and passenger side door were all replaced and that entire side of the car was repainted. He said it looked just like new afterwards. Turned out that the car was leased.
    And all I ever worry about is burning through someone's clear.

Post Thanks / Like

^ That sucks! I was just asking about detailing services, not really insurance. Thanks for sharing though.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Flash... I tell my customers that get the headlights done that if they start looking yellow or hazy within 6 months then bring it back and I will fix them... that is it as far as the detailing side goes...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    By any chance was your question directed toward damaging the customer's car?

A detail "shop" located on the bottom floor of my brokers underground parking lot does washed, waxes and a 'decent' detail job.
    But as I was leaving the parking lot last year I saw all the employees clustered around a car and wandered over to see what was going on. One of the employees had scraped a customers car on a post while driving it over to the completed car area. It was a LOT of damage. The car was a six month old top of the line Mercedes. The owner, who I had talked to before, said that their insurance would cover it. But it looked like about $18,000 in damage to him. The next time I saw him I asked him about the customer's reaction to the damage. he said he was amazed because the customer didn't seem to care very much. He was more concerned about having to waste time going to a rental agency to get a replacement while his was in the shop.
    Must be nice to be able to not go ballistic over something like that.
    It turned out that the front fascia, headlight, grill, front fender, and passenger side door were all replaced and that entire side of the car was repainted. He said it looked just like new afterwards. Turned out that the car was leased.
    And all I ever worry about is burning through someone's clear.
    I ripped the l.r. door off a Mercedes once. Still had the drive out tag on it

This owner too was not upset. He actually laughed about it

Go figure...
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    What detailing services do you provide that you back with a warranty? How do you handle the claims and details of the warranty? Do you provide a written warranty or just verbal? Do you just offer short term only or long term warranties for services rendered? We have several different areas that may allow for this service such as headlamp restoration, touch up paint, paintless dent repair (PDR), odor removal, paint sealant application, etc.

With the recent stink people are raising over who charges what for products such as Opti-Coat/Opti-Guard and CQuartz, I'm curious to know if anyone offers a warranty with their application of products?
    Opti-Guard has an actual warranty coming out soon I heard. Other than that I don't verbalize any type of warranty but if there were a complaint I would do what ever it took to make it right. Things such a odor removal I always say I can improve on it but never guarantee full removal....especially smoke smell. I generally won't do paint touch-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast