autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!! Which is the best beginner kit for beginner's from autogeek?

im sure its a newb question but this is my first post. is there a entry kit that has everything needed for great results? is it best to just call autogeek? thank you price range around $200

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello everyone!! Which is the best beginner kit for beginner's from autogeek?

To Autogeek Online!

This is something I've posed several times and it covers many areas at a high level but give you an idea of some of the products available and some of the prices.

This link contains articles written by Mike Phillips and has allot of great reading within.

Articles by Mike Phillips

Basic steps in order are:

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Correction & Polish
    • Seal
    • Wax

Make detailing enjoyable and practice. Take your time and do not become overwhelmed. Just because there are a thousand product doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Pick one product from each category from the steps above. You already have some great waxes so you're that far ahead of the game..

Autogeek has a kit section that contains everything you need to get started. For starting off I recommend a dual action polisher. These come on a variety of flavors and Autogeek carries most of them so take your time and educate yourself.

The kit pages below will give you an idea of what's available but if you do decide to purchase a Porter Cable 7424 style polisher opt for the 5 1/2" flat pads right off. The 6 1'2" are just too large and this has been confirmed many time over.

Kit Page

Car Care Kits, Car Care Cleaning Kits, Complete Detailing Kits

Decent kit

Pinnacle Twins & Meguiar's G110v2 Dual Action Polisher Kit FREE BONUS

Much better kit

Menzerna Porter Cable XP Maximum Shine Kit FREE BONUS

Flex Kit

If I were in the market for a kit this would be the one I'd choose.
    Pinnacle Flex XC3401 Polishing & Swirl Remover kit, Pinnacle polishes, swirl removers, finishing polish, flex buffer

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello everyone!! Which is the best beginner kit for beginner's from autogeek?

touring -

I was in the same boat as you a month ago.

Got really excited about the Meguiars Dual Action 6 Inch Polisher G110v2 with their new MF system!

Read too much here and got confused on what product to start with on my dark blue Lexus LS460.

Called Autogeek and explained my situation to the sales person and she said let me put you through to Mike Phillips...that was a blessing!

Mike clarified for me that that the Mequiars DA MF system was really designed for production detail environments and not newbies like me. He said I needed a "bubba proof" solution...was it my southern accent? No, I made it clear that I didnt want to get frustrated and do more harm to my paint than I could recover from given my limited skill set.

He recommended the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit 3.0 and Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax based on my situation and I couldnt be more pleased with the results.

After washing & claying the car on Friday, I went to work with the Wolfgang twins plus sealant on Saturday...waited for the sealant to cure...then waxed the car on Sunday morning. Got rid of 95% of all my micro swirls, all of the dealership's polishing holograms and some surprising clear-coat scratches. All the products were super easy to use and the best part was the super DEEP shine.

I appreciate Mike encouraging me to keep it simple and "Bubba proof"

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    To Autogeek Online!

This is something I've posed several times and it covers many areas at a high level but give you an idea of some of the products available and some of the prices.

This link contains articles written by Mike Phillips and has allot of great reading within.

Articles by Mike Phillips

Basic steps in order are:

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Correction & Polish
    • Seal
    • Wax

Make detailing enjoyable and practice. Take your time and do not become overwhelmed. Just because there are a thousand product doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Pick one product from each category from the steps above. You already have some great waxes so you're that far ahead of the game..

Autogeek has a kit section that contains everything you need to get started. For starting off I recommend a dual action polisher. These come on a variety of flavors and Autogeek carries most of them so take your time and educate yourself.

The kit pages below will give you an idea of what's available but if you do decide to purchase a Porter Cable 7424 style polisher opt for the 5 1/2" flat pads right off. The 6 1'2" are just too large and this has been confirmed many time over.

Kit Page

Car Care Kits, Car Care Cleaning Kits, Complete Detailing Kits

Decent kit

Pinnacle Twins & Meguiar's G110v2 Dual Action Polisher Kit FREE BONUS

Much better kit

Menzerna Porter Cable XP Maximum Shine Kit FREE BONUS

Flex Kit

If I were in the market for a kit this would be the one I'd choose.
    Pinnacle Flex XC3401 Polishing & Swirl Remover kit, Pinnacle polishes, swirl removers, finishing polish, flex buffer
    Bobby,
    You sure get a lot of miles out of this post. Of course every word is accurate.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    Bobby,
    You sure get a lot of miles out of this post. Of course every word is accurate.
    Hey Doug,

That I do, but after I originally put all this together I discovered that it contained so much valid and accurate information I keep posting all of it or sections of it and it continues to fit..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette