autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New member, says hello to all! I just tackled my first major detail.

I was looking for help on what I should use to get a professional detailed look for my new Audi A6. This board is awesome!! I found exactly what I was looking for. After much deliberation I chose to use McGuires 4 step process to get the look I wanted.

The 1st step I clayed the entire car which took me about 2 hours. I got a lot of contaminents of the paint. After that I used their Deep Crystal Paint cleaner which took another 1 1/2 hours. All this was done by hand! The third step I polished the car using their Deep Crystal Polish which took about another 1 1/2 hours. The the last step I used their new NXT Generation® Tech Wax (paste) this took about an hour. All in all I spent 6 straight hours on the car. I am extremely pleased with the results. The paint looks like glass and is amazingly reflective. I have a midnight blue and this wax actually makes it look darker and richer. I am now hooked on detailing my own car and being anal about it. Any suggestions for the next time around would be appreciated. I am looking at P21s, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax , Klasse, Poorbays and Natty product. I'll be posting pics shortly of my newly detailed A6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and all the products you are looking at are top notch! Any questions specifically?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. My only suggestion would be to watch what seems to be the most favorite products amongst these guys. You gotta figure that they are the best in the country, and they are willing to help with any questions. I'm new too and love it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! Can't wait to see the pics of your A6! We love pics here!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigunns
    I was looking for help on what I should use to get a professional detailed look for my new Audi A6. This board is awesome!! I found exactly what I was looking for. After much deliberation I chose to use McGuires 4 step process to get the look I wanted.

The 1st step I clayed the entire car which took me about 2 hours. I got a lot of contaminents of the paint. After that I used their Deep Crystal Paint cleaner which took another 1 1/2 hours. All this was done by hand! The third step I polished the car using their Deep Crystal Polish which took about another 1 1/2 hours. The the last step I used their new NXT Generation® Tech Wax (paste) this took about an hour. All in all I spent 6 straight hours on the car. I am extremely pleased with the results. The paint looks like glass and is amazingly reflective. I have a midnight blue and this wax actually makes it look darker and richer. I am now hooked on detailing my own car and being anal about it. Any suggestions for the next time around would be appreciated. I am looking at P21s, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax , Klasse, Poorbays and Natty product. I'll be posting pics shortly of my newly detailed A6.
    New A6? Waiting for pictures!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I have them downloaded on my computer. They came out FANTASTIC!! How do I upload them or attach them to this thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board. You will find great tips and folks here. Meg's is a great line of products to start with. Just be careful, this place and additiction will drain your bank account!

Post Pictures!!! We love pictures.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigunns
    OK, I have them downloaded on my computer. They came out FANTASTIC!! How do I upload them or attach them to this thread?
    Read this topic - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=1918
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like