autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanted: A Wet Look For My Lemans Blue Vette......

I searched and read about finishing waxes/sealants here on the geek, which left me even more confused.............i want to make my vette POP!!!!!!!! Its been washed, clayed, meguiars 105 and 205 and i used a wizards sealant - but its not popping ... i want that wet look...........

what do you guys like? ... give me some opinions ...... from reading i feel that different colors react to the different waxes/sealants ......

thanks in advance...........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wanted: A Wet Look For My Lemans Blue Vette......

For a warm glow, use a carnauba. For more of a glass look, use a synthetic. Maybe try some Wolfgang Fuzion?

Post Thanks / Like

i tried to post a few pics to no avail, i will post up a few links ..... very happy with the meguiars 105/205, but i need that wet look ...........

Imageshack - rixvette2.jpg
    Imageshack - pic2aj.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

How often do you drive it, and is durability of the wax important? Also what are you wanting to spend?

If it is not important then I say go with Pinnacle Souveran. Excellent wet deep look.

If you can give me more specifics, like I mentioned above, then I can give more choices.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J1nx93 View Post
    For a warm glow, use a carnauba. For more of a glass look, use a synthetic. Maybe try some Wolfgang Fuzion?
    thank you, i read good stuff about that ...... i read good stuff about a few others, which left me even more confused, lol ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
    How often do you drive it, and is durability of the wax important? Also what are you wanting to spend?

If it is not important then I say go with Pinnacle Souveran. Excellent wet deep look.

If you can give me more specifics, like I mentioned above, then I can give more choices.

its a garage queen, i wont lie ...... so durability isnt important ... i would LOVE to find something that could repel dust ... im dusting this off every single day and its in the garage ...

Post Thanks / Like

The wet look comes 95% from the prep work that you put into the paint. If you want to maximize the wetness, the paint needs to be flat and orange peel free. The wax can enhance the paint to an extent, but nothing will ever substitute the prep work.

You mention using 105/205 for the paint, but have you tried jeweling the paint with something like 85rd on a black pad? It will bring your gloss up quite a bit and add some wetness. Afterwards you can apply a high end carnauba to seal in the look and add some warmth.

If you want truly show car results, you might consider wetsanding the surface to remove all defects. Superior Shine did a great write up about a Shelby with factory orange peel that was wetsanded to perfection. The difference in depth is night and day.

SHINE IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT! Shelby Cobra meets the Microfiber DA system!
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 331TwistedWedge View Post
    its a garage queen, i wont lie ...... so durability isnt important ... i would LOVE to find something that could repel dust ... im dusting this off every single day and its in the garage ...
    With a garage queen Souveran will be perfect. However, like Jon said, it's all in the prep. Wax will enhance to look. As for dust, try something with anti static properties like FK425 as a detail spray.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Guaranteed killer look you are looking for - take your choice finishing polish and get it to where you want it, then apply extreme EZ Creme glade and seal it all with blackfire wet diamond. Your car will look like the paint is flowing.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 331TwistedWedge View Post
    Just a thought: Since you have already applied Wizard's 'Sealer' why not use the Wizard Mist & Shine detail spray to remove the dust---and, it's supposed to be anti-static to boot. That would be staying within a brand's realm of products.

Also, once your Corvette is clean of all dust you could try covering it with a good car-cover; or, some flannel sheets/blankets.
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast