autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Old school or New school

I'm waitng on a new vehicle to be delivered at the end of the month,it will be my wifes DD.What approach should i use for exterior protection,the now old school of a sealant and wax topper or new school coatings like opti-coat,Cquartz,Gtech etc.
    Can't say if it will be garaged or not because it will be a DD and have two other vehicles that are part timers that sit in garage all week.She is in the habbit of at least washing and waxing occasionally.I do have plenty of waxes/sealants but the coatings sure got my attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old school or New school

This old dog is going to try new tricks...and my camaro gets the new Opticoat treatment when the weather up here breaks. If I only need to wash my car to maintain it henceforth...I'm in. I thought rinseless washing and spray compounds and polish were revolutionary...seems Dr G is my new hero.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEST SIDE View Post
    I'm waitng on a new vehicle to be delivered at the end of the month,it will be my wifes DD.What approach should i use for exterior protection,the now old school of a sealant and wax topper or new school coatings like opti-coat,Cquartz,Gtech etc.
    Can't say if it will be garaged or not because it will be a DD and have two other vehicles that are part timers that sit in garage all week.She is in the habbit of at least washing and waxing occasionally.I do have plenty of waxes/sealants but the coatings sure got my attention.
    One question I have, that, so far, no one has been able to provide a definitive answer is: Will the application of the "new school" coatings in effect VOID the OEM's paint warranty?

IMO, before the application of the "new school" coatings, either pose this question to the selling dealership/service dept. manager (with their response in writing), or wait for further info via TSBs and/or phone calls to the OEM technical 'hotlines' that pertain to your vehicle(s).
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

If you a enjoying waxing your cars, then stick to what your calling the "old school" method. If you would enjoy just washing it more often the maybe the "new school" is for you.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando