autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waxes

Post Thanks / Like

waxes

im making a order for some waxes, microfiber towels and other misc. stuff. I have used pb natty BLUE never used the red. what is the difference between red and blue?? what other wax is recommended ?? i had a problem with blue coming off but i think it may be cause the blue is about 2 yrs old lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: waxes

I have not used the blue, but natty's red is one of my favorite waxes. It leaves paint dripping wet!! I also like liquid souveran and fuzion. I have souveran paste but I am waiting for the weather to break to try it out. I just ordered swissvax concours and I am looking forward to trying it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I have not used the blue, but natty's red is one of my favorite waxes. It leaves paint dripping wet!! I also like liquid souveran and fuzion. I have souveran paste but I am waiting for the weather to break to try it out. I just ordered swissvax concours and I am looking forward to trying it also.
    How warm do you need it to be before you will apply wax?

I waxed my car last week when it was only in the high thirties out. I did have it in my garage and I would guess it was around fifty in there. Is this an issue?

2017 Toyota Tundra
    2013 M37S Infinity
    2007 BMW 335i convertible

Post Thanks / Like

i have a bottle of liquid soveran but i have never used it you like it?? so the blue i guess just hides blemishes and stuf but the red gives it more of a wet look?? i am also looking into fourstar upp for a sealant but i have used wolfgang 3.0 deep gloss and i like it would fourstar be better?? im also looking into getting some more shampoo for exterior of the car and i have used pinnacle bodywork and i must say it is impressive some clients think i waxed there car just using the shampoo lol, are any other shampoos good?? also i want to get a good degreaser that is safe on ALL wheels especially since my clients have high end wheels such as asantis forgiattos etc.. im looking at the optimum power clean all purpose is this good?? and the clay bar i have ordered is the fourstarr detailing clay i already have pinncale ultra poly clay but its a fine clay bar i need something a bit stronger for heavier duty purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

I also need some pads for my rotary i am familiar with lc ccs pads should i stick to these??

Post Thanks / Like

even though this thread is in its infancy, it feels so civilized discussing waxes here. Over at the lexus forum, I read this the other day:

triple W it every thursday night religiously (wash, wax, windex)

but the wax is a 5-10 minute process of sloppily applying a mix of liquid turtle wax + water...not like im spending hours with a clay bar...BTW, liquid turtle wax is the best thing that happened to my car - its cheap, easy, quick, and will help motivate you in having a clean car all the time.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamores23 View Post
    im making a order for some waxes, microfiber towels and other misc. stuff. I have used pb natty BLUE never used the red. what is the difference between red and blue?? what other wax is recommended ?? i had a problem with blue coming off but i think it may be cause the blue is about 2 yrs old lol.

Waxing with Natty's in the cold "How to article" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ty-s-cold.html

What each wax does

Red - Show car wax great for all colors. Magnifies the finish Gives you an extremely wet dripping look. Best of both worlds makes metallic flake pop and makes the paint deep.

Blue - Darker color cars. Gives it a real deep wet look. Mutes metallic flake so they "glisten" in the sun rather than "pop" out at you.

White - Lighter color cars. Works great on metallic and pearl. Makes the paint bright and metallic POP!
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen several layered jobs of PB blue for helping with the dark color layered with PB Red on top for the wetness. Looked really nice might want to save some blue for that.

Post Thanks / Like

i need a sealant though i have deepgloss 3.0 wolf gang im looking into menzerna powerlock. i think im also going to get the aztec hotrod steam machine!

Post Thanks / Like

any more suggestions?? what is a good cheap wax as well for the customer that doesnt want the good stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast