autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Online scheduling??

Just curious if there's anybody out there who has looked into online scheduling. I've always kinda kept it old school and just bought my over sized calendars, and hand written my appointments. But, I hate this method because it doesn't save customers contact info for future use. I'd like to make my appointments online through a website so that I can access my schedule from anywhere.

One company I've briefly tried out was Vazing.com. You can kind of customize your own schedule. But, it's a little too in depth for what I want to do I think.

Apparently Vazing.com is not ServiceCeo.com...just found that out.
    So, I'm just kind of curious how you guys do your scheduling. What do you use for scheduling. I'd really like to start using an online database, makes things easier for me. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Online scheduling??

Since I don't have a website I'm not familiar too much with online scheduling, but what I do is use my smart phone calendar for appointments and save all my customer's as contacts. This way I have their info saved. I also try to capture email addresses if I can to do little promotions for my returning customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a dry erase board that I write on for scheduling. I use Access for my database and have a business card leather holder/binder that I keep in the truck - came in handy today. I have many customers that want/need me to call them to remind them that they need their vehicles done lol..... so the card holder and a pad and paper work for me on the go. OH Yeah, and I occasionally use the back of the kids coloring book pages cause I have to write down something fast lol!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Jay!

I had a GoTo Meeting type of walk through for this site today. It's ServiceCeo.com. You can really create a cool setup for your business. You can add in all your prices, packages, services, etc. It basically lays out your week days, and you just add appointments in. I'm heavily leaning towards going with this.

My old school over sized calendar really sucks cause a lot of times I answer my phone at home, or away from the shop. I end up putting appointments in my phone, and forgetting to transfer them to the calendar. Not only that, with mobile being added...I'm gonna need two calendars.

With this website I can seperate shop work, from the mobile. Another thing, that is really bad ass. Is that under the mobile calendar, it will lay out on a map all the locations of our upcoming customers. It uses mapquest so you can have directions right away through that same site. It also does invoices, reciepts, reminder emails...its crazy.

The downside. Is that it costs $99 a month to use the service. That really kinda turned me off. But, I really wanna use it. I like the idea cause it just does all the #### work for me. It will collect customers names, addresses, email, etc. So when someone makes an appointment...I instantly get all their info at the same time. It also gives you reports. Like yearly totals, what packages and services sell the most, etc. Pretty cool, and would be a good step forward. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Welcome back Jay!

I had a GoTo Meeting type of walk through for this site today. It's ServiceCeo.com. You can really create a cool setup for your business. You can add in all your prices, packages, services, etc. It basically lays out your week days, and you just add appointments in. I'm heavily leaning towards going with this.

My old school over sized calendar really sucks cause a lot of times I answer my phone at home, or away from the shop. I end up putting appointments in my phone, and forgetting to transfer them to the calendar. Not only that, with mobile being added...I'm gonna need two calendars.

With this website I can seperate shop work, from the mobile. Another thing, that is really bad ass. Is that under the mobile calendar, it will lay out on a map all the locations of our upcoming customers. It uses mapquest so you can have directions right away through that same site. It also does invoices, reciepts, reminder emails...its crazy.

The downside. Is that it costs $99 a month to use the service. That really kinda turned me off. But, I really wanna use it. I like the idea cause it just does all the #### work for me. It will collect customers names, addresses, email, etc. So when someone makes an appointment...I instantly get all their info at the same time. It also gives you reports. Like yearly totals, what packages and services sell the most, etc. Pretty cool, and would be a good step forward. What do you guys think?

That sounds really good man.... $99 a month is cheaper than paying a secretary $1600 a month! Gonna have to check into this myself.
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you say that. Cause that was pretty much my thinking as well. I really feel like this year I might need someone to step in and keep things in order, and answer the phones during peak hours. I thought this would be a pretty cool alternative.

I would still have to answer phones, and take appointments...but at least it would all be already organized, and filed for me. Plus I can access my schedule anywhere there's a computer.

Another thing, was that I wanted to buy a little mini laptop for the mobile van, get one of those wifi cards...and then my mobile guys can access the schedule as well. They would have to approve through me for the appointment, but at least they could tell a customer our possible availability on the spot.

I'm still looking around, hoping to maybe find something similar for cheaper, or maybe even free! But, I don't think I'll find something this in depth.

If you wanna check it out Anthony, just call the number and be at your computer. They'll take you right into the program and show you everything through your monitor. It's absolutely worth looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you say that. Cause that was pretty much my thinking as well. I really feel like this year I might need someone to step in and keep things in order, and answer the phones during peak hours. I thought this would be a pretty cool alternative.

I would still have to answer phones, and take appointments...but at least it would all be already organized, and filed for me. Plus I can access my schedule anywhere there's a computer.

Another thing, was that I wanted to buy a little mini laptop for the mobile van, get one of those wifi cards...and then my mobile guys can access the schedule as well. They would have to approve through me for the appointment, but at least they could tell a customer our possible availability on the spot.

I'm still looking around, hoping to maybe find something similar for cheaper, or maybe even free! But, I don't think I'll find something this in depth.

If you wanna check it out Anthony, just call the number and be at your computer. They'll take you right into the program and show you everything through your monitor. It's absolutely worth looking at.
    Yeah, will do man - being unorganized will end any business quick - I saw happen it in a lot of movies!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Just stumbled across something. Google Calendar...$50 a year!! I think this may be more up my alley right now. Anybody ever try this out for their appointments?

Post Thanks / Like

Just stumbled across something. Google Calendar...$50 a year!! I think this may be more up my alley right now. Anybody ever try this out for their appointments?
    That sounds a bit easier on the wallet - does it have nearly the amount of whistles that the 99 a month has? Always hard to look at the best first!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I've always kinda kept it old school and just bought my over sized calendars, and hand written my appointments. But, I hate this method because it doesn't save customers contact info for future use. I'd like to make my appointments online through a website so that I can access my schedule from anywhere.

Just store your info on a laptop computer with a database or spreadsheet. It won't cost anything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast